The Farm at Cape Kidnappers
Style Spa-studded lodge
Setting Ocean-view farmland
What do you get when you combine a 6,000-acre working sheep and cattle farm with jaw-dropping Pacific Ocean views, a glam golf course and soothing spa? Luxe boutique hotel The Farm at Cape Kidnappers, on New Zealand's dramatic Hawke Bay in the North Island.
Need to know
- Rooms 22 cottage suites and the Owner’s Cottage.
Double rooms from $1198.42 (NZD1,480), excluding tax at 15 per cent.
The price shown represents the lowest nightly rate for a double room available at this hotel over the next 21 days. Any price conversions from the hotel's local currency (NZD1,480) have been conducted using today's exchange rates from xe.com.
- More details Rates include include pre-dinner drinks with hors d’oeuvres, gourmet dinner, breakfast, free minibar including domestic beers (excludes spirits and wine) and use of lodge facilities, except spa treatments and use of the golf course.
- Facilities CD, DVD and book library, free WiFi throughout, gym, spa, outdoor Jacuzzi, golf course. In rooms: flatscreen TV, CD/DVD player, iPod dock, minibar (soft drinks free), Evolu toiletries, private balcony.
- Poolside Dive into the stunning outdoor 50ft heated infinity pool, with its shady poolside cabana and minibar, and views out to the ocean horizon beyond.
- Check-out 11am, but flexible subject to availability. Check-in, 2pm.
- Children Baby cots free up to age two; extra beds for older kids NZ$500–$525 a night (plus tax), depending on the season. Babysitting with a local nanny NZ$35 an hour; 24 hours’ notice required. More...
- Also The lodge and guest rooms are all non-smoking. Wine tastings are held regularly – the hotel has its own vineyard located in the Gimblett Gravels region of Hawke’s Bay.
Food and drink at The Farm at Cape Kidnappers
- Hotel restaurant Chef Tim Pickering presides over the main dining room where decor is modern rustic and the à la carte dinner menu of classical French and English dishes, influenced by fine seasonal New Zealand produce, changes nightly. Local ingredients, such as lamb and beef, get star billing, as well as fresh seafood from the area. By day, enjoy breathtaking ocean views; by night, it’s candlelit. Lunch is more casual, ranging from sandwiches to three-coursers. Informal dining at the Pro Shop is also an option after hotel restaurant hours.
- Dress code Chaps should don a jacket for cocktails and supper, but there are some to borrow from reception. Ladies, imagine you’re weekending at Sandringham.
- Top table Bag a table on the covered balcony for ocean views – especially desirable at sunset. Or opt for James Bond-glam with drinks or private dining in the circular lounge snug, or in the wine cellar.
- Last orders Lunch is served from noon till 3pm; dinner from 6.30pm till 9.30pm, after which room service is available on request. However, last orders are flexible so let staff know if you'd like a later drink or dinner and they'll try to arrange it.
- Room service A daily-changing room service menu is available 7am–10pm.
- Hotel bar There isn’t an official watering hole, but there’s a fabulous cocktail hour each night from 6.30pm in the lounge.
Also worth knowing
- Weddings This property is suitable for weddings. More...
The Farm at Cape Kidnappers 446 Clifton Road, Te Awanga, Hawkes Bay, Hawkes Bay, 4102
Join us – it's free!
Sign up now for exclusive hotel offers, money back on every booking, and Smith extras (like the one below) whenever you book with us. more
Smith extra at The Farm at Cape Kidnappers
A gourmet picnic hamper for two
Offers at The Farm at Cape Kidnappers
In the know
Our favourite rooms
We love the secluded Ridge Suites as they’re a little further away from the main lodge and feel more private. If you’re feeling flush, the standalone Owner’s Cottage is a great pad for a family or friends travelling in a group.
Hiking gear, binoculars and your bird-watching manual. The Farm offers Kiwi Discovery Walks as part of a local kiwi bird conservation project.
For full-on pampering, the Farm's spa is up on the hillside above the lodge with serenity-boosting views across the valley toward the sea or over pine forest to snow-coated Mount Ruapehu. It offers three treatment rooms (including a couple's spa suite for relaxing a deux) where you can indulge in a range of massages, facials, pedicures, manicures or hair care remedies. All spa treatments last from 50 to 80 minutes and can be customised to suit your needs, or you can enjoy treatments in your own suite.