The Dupont Circle Hotel
Style Capital class
Setting Heart of Northwest DC
One of the best addresses in Washington, The Dupont Circle Hotel is as polished as a top politician. Check into a bright Circle-facing room, then conduct clandestine meetings in a nook of the marble lobby or sample drinks from the perpetually hip Bar Dupont.
Need to know
- Rooms 327, including 15 suites.
Double rooms from $169.00, excluding tax at 14.5 per cent.
The price shown represents the lowest nightly rate for a double room available at this hotel over the next 21 days. Any price conversions from the hotel's local currency ($169) have been conducted using today's exchange rates from xe.com.
- More details Rates exclude breakfast (from $5).
- Facilities Gym, free WiFi throughout; valet parking. In rooms: flatscreen TV, radio, iPod dock, Aromatherapy toiletries, heated bathroom floors.
- Check-out Noon, but Smith guests can extend check-outs to 3pm at no extra charge, subject to availability. Earliest check-in, 3pm.
- Children Rollaway beds and cribs are available for $20 per night. The café hands out colouring books and serves a menu of petite-palate pleasers dishes such as chicken fingers, mini burgers and pasta with tomato sauce.
- Also Cats and dogs under 50lb are welcome; the hotel provides dog beds, bowls and treats.
Food and drink at The Dupont Circle Hotel
In warm weather, the staff at Café Dupont roll back the glass doors to offer semi-alfresco dining as well as patio space. The kitchen prepares brasserie-style dishes, including large pots of garlicky mussels, a juicy burger and roasted lamb with baby leeks. Start with a cheese-and-charcuterie board, piled with excellent options from Cowgirl Creamery.
- Dress code Stylish, but not too revealing: you never know when a diplomat might walk in.
- Top table Take a spot by the windows for the best light (and breezes, when the windows are open). Otherwise, take a cue from the lobbyists who frequent the brasserie, and seek out a booth.
- Last orders The Bar serves until 1am each night, but you should arrive early to steal a spot on the patio. Breakfast is served in the restaurant from 6:30am until 11am, and dinner is available until 11pm.
- Room service Soups, sandwiches, salads and steak are all available for delivery to your room.
Scotch drinkers should tap into the 30-plus selection of single-malt Scotches. Signature drinks include the Honey Pear, which is made with sparkling wine and prickly pear puree, and a maple-syrup-spiked sour. The bar also serves oysters, cheese plates and sandwiches.
The Dupont Circle Hotel 1500 New Hampshire Ave., NW, Washington, DC 20036
Join us – it's free!
Sign up now for exclusive hotel offers, money back on every booking, and Smith extras (like the one below) whenever you book with us. more
Smith extra at The Dupont Circle Hotel
Free signature cocktails at Bar Dupont
Offers at The Dupont Circle Hotel
In the know
Our favourite rooms
If you’re splurging, opt for a room on Level Nine, a floorful of VIP extras, including a self-service bar and lounge, and a dedicated concierge. The rooms on this storey are the only ones with bath tubs, and most have glass balconies too. Grand Deluxe rooms such as 718 and 719 overlook the Circle.
Bring a reusable tote bag: the city’s best farmers’ market sets up just a block from the hotel on Sunday mornings.