The Chester Residence
Style Georgian-coated suites
Setting Serene-yet-central West End
Stone steps and iron railings may suggest a vintage-style stay awaits, but inside The Chester Residence lie sleek, modern apartments with clean lines, shades-of-taupe furnishings and a geek’s arsenal of gadgets. Jewel-bright accessories and softly shaded lamps invite you to feel at home; a 24/7 concierge and attentive room service prompt laziness. Edinburgh’s main drag, Princes Street, provides on-your-doorstep shops, sights and sustenance.
Need to know
- Rooms 19 suites, six with two bedrooms.
Double rooms from $345.26 (£221), excluding tax at 20 per cent.
The price shown represents the lowest nightly rate for a double room available at this hotel over the next 21 days. Any price conversions from the hotel's local currency (£221) have been conducted using today's exchange rates from xe.com.
- More details Rates exclude breakfast.
- Facilities Communal drawing room with books, CDs and DVDs to borrow, free WiFi throughout. In rooms: Molton Brown toiletries, flatscreen TV, integrated DVD/CD player, iPod dock, free bottled water, minibar.
- Check-out 11am, but flexible subject to availability. Check-in from 3pm.
- Children The apartment set-up and well-equipped kitchens are heaven-sent for families. More...
- Also All kitchens feature an oven, hob, microwave, fridge and dishwasher. Transfer from/to the airport (£30 each way) or rail station (£15) can be booked.
Food and drink at The Chester Residence
- Hotel restaurant The hotel has its own food concept – 'Eat Naked at Chester' is a way of eating breakfast and dinner and knowing exactly where everything has come from.
- Dress code Home-from-home cosy – perhaps upgrading your pyjamas to chic loungewear, cocoon-like knits and cashmere shawls.
- Top table The dining table in your suite… or perhaps the sofa (no need to book).
- Last orders 11.30pm for food, no last orders for drinks to your suite.
- Room service Lunch, dinner and snacks are a phone call away.
- Hotel bar None, so get to know the contents of your minibar. Free tea and coffee is available in the lounge all day.
The Chester Residence 9 Rothesay Place, Edinburgh, EH3 7SL
Join us – it's free!
Sign up now for exclusive hotel offers, money back on every booking, and Smith extras (like the one below) whenever you book with us. more
Smith extra at The Chester Residence
A bottle of wine and, if you stay three nights or more, a luxury hamper
In the know
Our favourite rooms
The Penthouse Suite at 9 Rothesay Place is a romantic nook in the eaves with top-floor views across to the Firth of Forth. Grand Suite (room 8/3) invites you to entertain friends with its balcony, picture windows and enormous sitting room. Exuberant children are best unleashed in a Mews Suite, which has a private garden.
An apron and cookbook to help you whip up culinary romance in the kitchen.
Chauffeured cars, personal shoppers and in-room beauty treatments beckon to be booked.