Style Spa-sleek Swiss swish
Setting Pine-lined Alpine valley
Sleek, modern, and situated at the snowy heart of the Swiss Alps, The Cambrian hotel is the perfect place for keen skiers and Alpine adventures to rest their heads – or to bask their way to bliss in the soul-soothing terrace hydrotherapy pool. With awe-inducing mountain views in every direction, you’re guaranteed holiday snaps that your friends will actually want to see.
Need to know
- Rooms 71, including 24 suites.
Double rooms from $194.67 (CHF187), excluding tax at 4.2 per cent. Please note the hotel charges an additional local city tax of CHF4.20 per person per night on check-out.
The price shown represents the lowest nightly rate for a double room available at this hotel over the next 21 days. Any price conversions from the hotel's local currency (CHF187) have been conducted using today's exchange rates from xe.com.
- More details Rates include breakfast buffet and spa access.
- Facilities Spa, ski room, gym, library, billiard room, DVD selection, board games, free WiFi throughout. In rooms: flatscreen TV, DVD player, minibar, Keiji toiletries.
- Poolside The spa has pools both indoors and out. Inside, there’s a soothing lap pool fed by a wall-size waterfall and lined with comfortable wooden loungers. Outside, on the terrace beside the restaurant, the hydrotherapy pool with massage jets and Jacuzzi is wonderfully warm, allowing you to bask blissfully alfresco even when the snow is whirling around you.
- Check-out Midday, although later check-out can be arranged for a CHF125 fee. Check-in, 3pm.
- Children The hotel welcomes youngsters and can provide cots (free) and extra beds (CHF100) as required. Babysitting (with staff) can be arranged for CHF25 an hour, and there’s a 24-hour playroom (unsupervised), with games, Playstation and Wii.
- Also You can bring pets for CHF45 a night. Smoking is allowed in the bar. Parking outisde the hotel is CHF20 a night in winter (CHF25 in the underground car park) and CHF10 (CHF15) in summer.
- Hotel closed 7 April to 31 May, 2013.
Food and drink at The Cambrian
- Hotel restaurant Italian eatery Nova is a smart, clean-lined space that combines warm red walls with mahogany furniture and cream-coloured chairs. Cuisine is classically Northern Italian, with carpaccio, pasta with rabbit ragouts and saltimbocca typically appearing on the seasonal menu. The wine selection – on display in a long glass cabinet – is excellent. There’s no lunch served in the hotel, but light snacks are available in the lobby. Breakfast is served until a leisurely 11am.
- Dress code Après-ski chic.
- Top table The tables by the windo close to the middle of the room have excellent views of the Alps – and other guests bubbling away in the Jacuzzi pool on the terrace.
- Last orders The chef hangs up his apron at 9.30pm, but you can get a drink in the bar until the early hours.
- Room service There’s a 24-hour menu of drinks and light meals.
- Hotel bar Scott’s Bar is the ideal venue for post-slope topes, with a stylish bubble-glass bar illuminated in an icy blue hue, Swiss beer on tap, and a fine cocktail menu. It’s open from 5pm every day.
Also worth knowing
- Weddings This property is suitable for weddings. More...
The Cambrian Dorfstrasse 7, Adelboden, Bern, 3715
Join us – it's free!
Sign up now for exclusive hotel offers, money back on every booking, and Smith extras (like the one below) whenever you book with us. more
Smith extra at The Cambrian
A bottle of wine in your room
In the know
Our favourite rooms
The Deluxe Rooms are pleasantly spacious – if you go for a room number ending in 14, you’ll have two balconies to enjoy as these are set on the corner of the hotel. The Junior Suites North have space to sprawl in, but no balconies. The Family Suites are ideal for those with kids in tow, with two bedrooms – one on a mezzanine level – separate enough to enjoy privacy and peace of mind simultaneously. Glorious Alpine views are hard to avoid, but to make the most of them ask for a panoramic south-facing outlook rather than a mountain view.
You’ll be kicking yourself if you forget swimwear – the spa pools are one of the hotel’s real highlights. Ski passes, sledges, and Nordic walking canes are all available from reception.
The sleek, black-tiled spa comes with a Finnish sauna, steam room, relaxation room, and a wide-ranging menu of enticing therapies, including Sodashi facials for men and women, full-body treatments, massages and hair and nail care.