The Betsy South Beach
Style Colonial do-gooding cutie
Setting Beachside Deco District
With a fresh colonial feel to its communal areas and a look that’s more South Carolina than South Beach this deco dame emerged in 2009 from a fabulous freshen-up and face lift. Contemporary art, a modern attitude, and a charitable spirit ensure The Betsy hotel, an independently owned hip hostelry, shines on South Beach.
Need to know
- Rooms 61, 20 suites.
Double rooms from $200.00, excluding tax at 13 per cent. Please note the hotel charges an additional resort fee of $16.00 per room per night on check-out.
The price shown represents the lowest nightly rate for a double room available at this hotel over the next 21 days. Any price conversions from the hotel's local currency ($200) have been conducted using today's exchange rates from xe.com.
- More details Rates do not include breakfast (from US$15).
- Facilities Spa services on the rooftop, library, full gym, high-speed WiFi, beach chairs. In rooms: Sferra linens, Malin+Goetz products, snack-packed minibar and TVs and top-notch audio/video connections including iHome docks.
- Poolside The small swimming pool is flanked by sunloungers which enjoy plenty of shade from the hot South Florida sun, but we think you might prefer the white-sandy beach which is a hop beyond Ocean Drive.
- Check-out 12pm, but flexible, subject to availability. Earliest check-in, 4pm.
- Children This is a lovely hotel for urbane families. Baby cots can be added to the room at no extra charge although these don’t fit in a classic room. More...
- Also Pets can stay – but there’s a US$250 price tag. And if you’re a philanthropy admirer, stay here with a clear conscience: the hotel is a do-gooding heavyweight with its fingers in lots of charitable projects.
Food and drink at The Betsy South Beach
Much-hyped New York steakhouse BLT Steak is open here too for breakfast, lunch and dinner when the ribeye, Dover sole and tuna tartare are the biggest hits. There is also a sushi bar.
- Dress code Pretty Fifties vintage dresses and dapper khaki linens.
- Top table On the balcony, poised in pole position for first-class Ocean Drive people-ogling.
- Last orders Midnight in the lobby.
- Room service Order the usual in-room American cuisine classics 8am–10pm.
Pause in the cheery, sea-breezy laid-back lobby bar 11am until midnight for a coffee or a cocktail.
Also worth knowing
- Weddings This property is suitable for weddings. More...
The Betsy South Beach 1440 Ocean Drive, Miami Beach, Florida 33139
Join us – it's free!
Sign up now for exclusive hotel offers, money back on every booking, and Smith extras (like the one below) whenever you book with us. more
Smith extra at The Betsy South Beach
Continental breakfast on each day of your stay, and two drinks in either the Lobby Bar or B Bar
Current offers at The Betsy South Beach
In the know
Our favourite rooms
If you’re a real vistaholic, 328 is a Grand Suite on the corner, with the best possible sea view. We of course love the high-ceilinged Grand Suites which overlook the ocean but that glory comes at a price. Light sleepers may want to request a room that is not next to the lift.
For the full photoshoot-ready effect, retro lemon-yellow accessories for the roofdeck by day, glittering disco threads for after-hours South Beach party-hopping.
A hotel celebrated for its philanthropy and arts and culture programmes, lots of the pieces on display in the hotel are for sale.
From the Guestbook…
The highlight of our stay was a trip out to the Everglades to see the alligators. Unforgettable. Also do take time to enjoy a cocktail on the rooftop one afternoon – great vi...more