The Atlantis Hotel
Style Colourful seafarer’s house
Setting Breezy Caribbean bay
The Atlantis Hotel is a rainbow-coloured ranch that’s been a hospitable Barbados hideaway for over a century: recently refurbished, it’s a stately slice of island history.
Need to know
- Rooms Eight, including two suites.
Double rooms from $304.84, excluding tax at 18.75 per cent.
The price shown represents the lowest nightly rate for a double room available at this hotel over the next 21 days. Any price conversions from the hotel's local currency ($305) have been conducted using today's exchange rates from xe.com.
- More details Rates include Continental breakfast.
- Facilities Lounge with library, and a flatscreen TV; iPod dock and minibar in rooms.
- Poolside Set in a palm-ringed, flowerpot-filled garden, the pool is lined with a sparkly turquoise mosaic.
- Check-out 12 noon. Earliest check-in, 3pm.
- Children Children are welcome in the two-bedroom suites.
- Also There’s a four-night minimum stay (and a small extra fee) over Christmas and New Year.
Food and drink at The Atlantis Hotel
- Hotel restaurant Famed for its West Indian Sunday buffets, the restaurant excels in all things Bajan: flying fish fillets, conch patties, pickled seacat (octopus), pepperpot stew and breadfruit cheesecake. Black and white historic photos on the walls and plantation shutters keep it Caribbean.
- Dress code Casual cottons and nautical stripes.
- Top table Out on the terrace to watch the bobbing boats of Tent Bay.
- Last orders Breakfast is served from 8am until 10am; lunch is 12pm to 3pm; dinner is from 6.30pm until 9pm. The bar opens at 10am and shuts when the restaurant does.
- Room service The full restaurant menu is available until 7pm every day except Sunday.
- Hotel bar Listen to the waves as you sip various rum-based drinks from the bar in a corner of the restaurant: rum punch with nutmeg and cinnamon, rum and coconut water, vintage sipping rums…
The Atlantis Hotel Tent Bay, Tent Bay, Barbados, BB21054
Join us – it's free!
Sign up now for exclusive hotel offers, money back on every booking, and Smith extras (like the one below) whenever you book with us. more
Smith extra at The Atlantis Hotel
Rum punch; stays of four nights or more, 50 per cent off lunch or dinner at the hotel or Fish Pot (the restaurant at Little Good Harbour)
In the know
Our favourite rooms
Ocean-facing Three Boys is a corner room with views north to that surfer’s paradise, Bathsheba. On the other side of the house, you can’t go wrong with the comfort (and extra sitting room) of Joe’s River. The tricky choice is between jaw-dropping views out to sea, and being tucked away and so peaceful you never want to leave.
Super-size sunglasses for catamaran cruising; solid shoes for heading up the hill to explore the orchids, cacti and palms at the Andromeda Botanical Gardens.
Get up early one morning to watch from the terrace as the fishermen swim out to their boats for the catch of the day; head down to the fish market to buy it.
From the Guestbook…
A lovely quiet place to sleep off the jet lag for a few days after a long flight. There are not really any shops, bars or restaurants within easy walking distance, so definitely re...more