Style Holistic with a heart
Setting Sybaritic Seminyak
Lush bamboo surrounds the Amala, a holistic escape and sister to the Balé, hidden in the heart of beachside Seminyak, Bali’s chic shopping and dining district. Twelve modern thatched-roof pads confer all the pleasures of a sprawling Balinese villa on a romantic, intimate scale. Dine on raw, vegetarian or indulgent cuisine after yoga,t'ai chi or water Pilates, then reward yourself with a restorative massage.
Need to know
- Rooms 12 villas, including a three-bedroom residence.
Double rooms from $259.00, excluding tax at 21 per cent.
The price shown represents the lowest nightly rate for a double room available at this hotel over the next 21 days. Any price conversions from the hotel's local currency ($259) have been conducted using today's exchange rates from xe.com.
- More details Rates include breakfast, in-room soft drinks, cookies and fresh fruit
- Facilities Spa, yoga studio, gift shop, gardens, free WiFi throughout, a small library of DVDs, books and magazines, a laptop for guest use. In rooms: flatscreen LCD TV, CD/DVD player, iPod docking station, minibar, free bottled still water.
- Poolside All villas come with private pools. In addition there is a lap pool, shaded by palm fronds and surrounded by plenty of padded outdoor furniture.
- Check-out Noon, but flexible up to 6pm, subject to availability, and a 50 per cent charge. Earliest check-in, 2pm.
- Children The Amala keeps its peace with a strictly enforced policy of no children under 12.
- Also Freebies at the Amala include butler service, available 24 hours, and a 15-minute welcome massage. You can book a car and driver for local drop-offs.
- Hotel closed No check-ins or check-outs are allowed on 31 March 2014, when Bali observes Nyepi Day (Day of Silence), although stays are still possible. Bali’s airport also closes for the day.
Food and drink at The Amala
- Hotel restaurant Chinese high-back wooden chairs and opium beds confer an imperial quality on Bamboo, the resort’s otherwise minimalist and casual open-air dining room. The cuisine is Indonesian and seasonal, with a choice of vegetarian, salad and more indulgent options.
- Dress code Korean honeymooners match their LVs and Polo ponies from head to toe, but others will feel entirely at ease draping a light shirt or beach frock over swimsuits.
- Top table Let the butler turn the villa’s outdoor poolside table into a romantic affair with candles and wine for dinner à deux.
- Last orders Bamboo takes food orders from 7am until 10.30pm.
- Room service It’s fairly standard to have breakfast at your villa – or any other meal you choose: the restaurant menu is available to order in when the kitchen is open, with a reduced selection on offer between 11pm and 7am.
- Hotel bar What the Amala lacks in a proper bar it more than makes up for with its drinks menu. A poolside bottle of Tattinger Reims Brut Reserve for decadent days; a fresh Booster juice for the morning after.
The Amala Jalan Kunti 108, Seminyak, Bali, Indonesia, 80361
Join us – it's free!
Sign up now for exclusive hotel offers, money back on every booking, and Smith extras (like the one below) whenever you book with us. more
Smith extra at The Amala
Healthy canapés and a fruit platter on arrival; and a romantic candlelit bath experience set up in your room.
Current offers at The Amala
Offers at The Amala
In the know
Our favourite rooms
Spa Villas have a Jacuzzi and herb-infused steam shower, but the plunge pool and kitchenette that you get with a Pool Villa just edges it for us. The decor is contemporary – white walls and lacquered black furniture with minimalist finesse and maximum gadgetry. The Amala Residence, with three bedrooms and large private pool, is ideal for groups or families with kids over 12.
A stylish tote bag for luxe Seminyak boutique booty; big shades for luscious lounge bars; gladrags for nearby nightlife at KuDeTa, SOS and the Living Room; Havaianas for navigating between the pool, outdoor bath and steam shower.
A Masters-In-Residence programme offers the services of Bali’s finest wellness gurus and healing hands. Consider booking an Aqua Wellness and Yoga Day with water woman Elisa Senese and yogini Beate McLatchie.
From the Guestbook…
The Amala staff made the villa experience. The General Manager was so up to date on the finest places to enjoy world-class cuisine. The best recommendation he made was a bar and be...more