Style Contemporary beach casitas
Setting Remote peninsula paradise
Basking on the sandy shores of the Samana Peninsula, Sublime Samana hotel is a natural fit for this secluded stretch of the Dominican Republic. What makes this spot truly sublime? The proof is in the details. Twenty modern, spacious suites in white gleam against a backdrop of tropical terrain and turquoise skies. Beyond the private beach, Samana has pro-worthy tennis courts, fine dining, a sumptuous oceanfront spa and a show-stopping swimming pool on its vast, palm fringed grounds.
Need to know
- Rooms 20 suites, including one-, two- and three-bedroom casitas
Double rooms from $300.00, excluding tax at 28 per cent.
The price shown represents the lowest nightly rate for a double room available at this hotel over the next 21 days. Any price conversions from the hotel's local currency ($300) have been conducted using today's exchange rates from xe.com.
- More details An extra adult is $35 per person per night
- Facilities Spa, private beach, tennis courts, fitness centre, free WiFi throughout. In rooms: full kitchens, flatscreen TVs with DVD/CD players, bottled water.
- Poolside Canopied daybeds perch above interconnected waterways that flow into two dramatic swimming pools at the heart of the hotel.
- Check-out Check out 12 noon; earliest check-in 3pm (both are flexible, subject to availability).
- Children Welcome. A maximum of two children under the age of 12 may stay free in their parents' rooms. Children over 12 are charged as adults. There is a bistro menu for kids, but note that one of the pools is adults-only.
- Also There’s a two-night minimum stay on weekends (four nights during Holy Week and five over Christmas).
- Please note
Please note that the hotel will be closed from September 9 to October 29.
Food and drink at Sublime Samana
Sleek marble floors, dark furniture echoed by the exposed wooded beams, and white tablecloths set an elegant scene in the Bistro. Chef Cristian Baez sources local ingredients – notably ocean fresh fish – for his weekly changing Mediterranean menu. Take lunch at the beachside grill, a casual open-air spot serving ceviche, burgers and the catch of the day prepared as you like it.
- Dress code Keep it beach chic and add tropical pops of colour to play off the mostly white-washed decor. Spray a splash of mosquito repellent as perfume to keep buzzing pests in the jungle where they belong.
- Top table The outdoor deck, sheltered by a billowy white canopy, is best on nights with a gentle breeze. Inside, take your place near the floor-to-ceiling windows for a moonlit view.
- Last orders Bistro serves breakfast from 8:30 to 10:30am and then reopens for dinner from 8pm until 10pm. The bar stops serving at 11pm.
- Room service Dishes from the Bistro menu can be brought to your room if you fancy breakfast or dinner on your balcony.
Sip mojitos as classic bossa nova drifts from the speakers at the airy Bistro lounge connected to the main restaurant. After 7pm it’s adults-only.
Also worth knowing
- Weddings This property is suitable for weddings. More...
Sublime Samana Bahía de Coson, Las Terrenas, Dominican Republic, 32000
Join us – it's free!
Sign up now for exclusive hotel offers, money back on every booking, and Smith extras (like the one below) whenever you book with us. more
Smith extra at Sublime Samana
Bottle of wine in your room
Current offers at Sublime Samana
Offers at Sublime Samana
In the know
Our favourite rooms
Modern, white-washed suites, all bedecked with tropical touches – shell motifs and pebble floors – all Sublime Samana’s rooms are enticing, but you might consider permanently relocating to the stunning Three-Bedroom Casita. Set beside the garden path to the beach, these spacious suites are topped with sprawling rooftop terraces above the palm trees, with panoramic ocean views and a hot tub for a steamy soak beneath the stars.
Breezy maxi-dress for her, relaxed linens for him and flip-flops all around. Save room for lightweight hiking shoes to explore the surrounding coconut palm-covered mountains or the ecological reserve.
After a few hours sunning poolside, sink deeper still into your relaxed state with a premium pampering at the natural beach spa. Just steps from the shore, indulge in a coconut caressing, soothing sun rub or rejuvenating rain massage in one the three breezy pavilions.