Style Eco, eccentric, arty and eclectic
Setting The Brecks in Norfolk
Tucked off the high street of the market town of Swaffham in Norfolk, the family-run Strattons hotel is a beautiful Queen Anne Palladian villa. Whether you're in the mood for kitsch and contemporary or antiques and fabric-festooned decadence, each room is individually decorated with a unique theatrical flair. Not just a pretty face, the hotel has won awards for its restaurant and eco-policies; it's a child-friendly hotel, too.
Need to know
- Rooms 14.
Double rooms from $195.40 (£129), excluding tax at 20 per cent.
The price shown represents the lowest nightly rate for a double room available at this hotel over the next 21 days. Any price conversions from the hotel's local currency (£129) have been conducted using today's exchange rates from xe.com.
- More details Rates include breakfast.
- Facilities Café/deli, free WiFi in some areas. In rooms: flatscreen TV, DVD player, radio as well as honesty bars.
- Check-out 11am. Earliest check-in, 2.30pm.
- Children Very welcome. Babysitters can be arranged, and children are well provided for, with monitors, highchairs and various other kit available. More...
- Also Billy Blades Cottage is a cosy conference centre of sorts and an inspiring meeting space.
Food and drink at Strattons
The Rustic is celebrated for its organic and local ingredients such as tasty cheeses and free-range meats. Enjoy one of the inventive dinners daily from 6pm. Hearty breakfasts are served weekdays 7.30am–10am and weekends 8.30am–10am. The afternoon teas are becoming legendary thanks to home-baked delights such as poppy-seed cheesecake, moist chocolate fruit cake and lavender shortbread. Lunch is on offer in the Rustic on Sunday and Monday (noon–2.30pm); on other days it’s served all day in Strattons’ eco-friendly deli, CoCoes, right next door.
- Dress code Eco boho luxe or hip in hemp.
- Top table Perhaps go for a corner table, the banquette at the back, or in summer, a window table.
- Last orders Food: 8.30pm. Drinks: normal licensing hours.
- Room service They can rustle you up supper from the restaurant; there’s an honesty bar in every room for late-night drinks. Carrot cake at teatime makes a nice complement to the in-room tea/coffee facilities.
There isn’t one as such but there is an intimate sitting room in which to enjoy a tipple of your choice – why not try an ale from one of Norfolk’s micro breweries?
Strattons 4 Ash Close, Swaffham, Norfolk PE37 7NH
Join us – it's free!
Sign up now for exclusive hotel offers, money back on every booking, and Smith extras (like the one below) whenever you book with us. more
Smith extra at Strattons
A glass of Madeira each, served with home-made biscotti
Offers at Strattons
In the know
Our favourite rooms
The Linen is an open-plan bedroom and bathroom with a fabulous decked balcony. The Red Room is super-spacious and even has its own private garden. The Venetian, for its incredible walnut kingsize bed. The small but funky Seagull Room. Fantouche has a tiny balcony. The Opium Suite is a split-level home of your own. Boudoir is a zhuzhed-up attic room with sexy Michelangelo-esque fresco-style features.
Cool-box, so you can take some of the local produce home with you; slippers for the stone floor in the Opium Suite; outdoor gear for exploring the gorgeous countryside.
Minimum two-night stay at weekends.