St Regis Hotel
Style Arty modern elegance
Setting San Fran's cultural hub
There are a lot of good reasons to stay here: butlers to do your unpacking for you, a Bentley to cruise around town in, a high-tech spa to wallow in, a renowned restaurant to indulge in and a cool bar to hang out in. Sophisticated, tasteful, refined, glamorous… the St Regis Hotel in San Francisco will not disappoint. Its new tower – nestled alongside some of the city's finest museums in the lively SOMA district – was designed by Skidmore, Owings & Merrill, and provides remarkable city views. Many of San Francisco's best-loved attractions are right on your doorstep, and if you're a wine lover, Napa Valley is within easy driving distance.
Need to know
- Rooms 260 (47 suites).
Double rooms from $425.00, excluding tax at 15.62 per cent.
The price shown represents the lowest nightly rate for a double room available at this hotel over the next 21 days. Any price conversions from the hotel's local currency ($425) have been conducted using today's exchange rates from xe.com.
- Facilities Spa, valet parking, butler service. Rooms have Remède toiletries, big showers and all the stylish mod cons you'd expect, plus underfloor heating, roll-top baths and minibars.
- Poolside The spa's indoor infinity pool has day beds to lounge on while you admire the high-rise views.
- Check-out Midday, but ask reception, as late check-out is sometimes available.
- Children It's more of an adults' hotel, but children can be accommodated; cots are available. More...
- Also Pets allowed (US$150 deposit). There are smoking and non-smoking rooms. The gleaming white Remède Spa offers customised treatments, prefaced by champagne, cheese and truffles.
- Hotel closed Never.
Food and drink at St Regis Hotel
- Hotel restaurant Ame is in the Williams Building lobby and serves New American cuisine with an emphasis on seafood - the sashimi bar is excellent. Take breakfast in the light and airy Vitrine brasserie, or alfresco on the Yerba Buena Terrace.
- Dress code City chic – this is one of the best restaurants in town, so you should dress accordingly.
- Top table Go for a table at the back by the windows and watch the world go by.
- Last orders Lunch, 2pm; dinner, 10pm; drinks, 1am.
- Room service 24 hours.
- Hotel bar The dramatic and sexy bar is classic American club style with a hefty helping of streetwise pizzazz. Need a hangover cure? The NY St Regis invented the Bloody Mary, so you've a good reason to be in here as early as you like, curing a sore head.
Also worth knowing
- Weddings This property is suitable for weddings. More...
St Regis Hotel 125 Third Street, San Francisco, California 94103
Join us – it's free!
Sign up now for exclusive hotel offers, money back on every booking, and Smith extras (like the one below) whenever you book with us. more
Smith extra at St Regis Hotel
Two free passes to SFMoMA (San Francisco Museum of Modern Art)
In the know
Our favourite rooms
Rooms here – tricked out with art and finished in zebra wood and leather – are among the city's largest; there are even LCD TVs in the bathrooms. The higher you go, the better the views: superior rooms are on floors 5–8; Deluxe rooms are on floors 6–18. Executive Premier corner rooms have views of the museum and the bay. Metropolitan Suites are lovely – 1408 overlooks the Yerba Buena gardens and you can have a bath with a glorious city view. St Regis Suites are corner sites on the 19th and 20th floors with commanding vistas of the Financial District and Bay Bridge; there are six-seater dining tables, enormous beds facing giant windows, and vast bathrooms with limestone wet rooms. If one of the luxurious suites is beyond your budget, try to book a room on the same floor as the spa – they have the highest ceilings.
Cute flatties for jumping on and off trams in sprightly fashion and for negotiating those famously steep streets.
The butler can help you unpack and press anything crumpled, and is on hand to make reservations at the spa and restaurants for you. There's also a house Bentley – book it for a glamorous drive around town.