St Moritz Hotel
Style Surf-side family HQ
Setting Rugged Camel Estuary
A multitalented modernist resort overlooking the Camel Estuary, the St Moritz Hotel has more can-do attitude than a team of cheerleaders, giving it a fantastic reputation among families of all ages. Whether you book into a stylish penthouse apartment or a child-friendly garden villa, you'll want for nothing: there's a Cowshed spa, activities galore and a buzzy restaurant and bar. The rooms are stylish and contemporary; the location's unbeatable; and, best of all, the staff are really, really nice.
Need to know
- Rooms 45: 15 smaller doubles, 15 king doubles or twins, 15 suites.
Double rooms from $195.44 (£125), excluding tax at 20 per cent.
The price shown represents the lowest nightly rate for a double room available at this hotel over the next 21 days. Any price conversions from the hotel's local currency (£125) have been conducted using today's exchange rates from xe.com.
- More details Rates include full English or Continental breakfast.
- Facilities Cowshed spa with nine treatment rooms, pool, sauna, steamroom, Jacuzzi and gym. Free WiFi throughout. In rooms: flatscreen TV, iPod dock, board games, minibar, Cowshed toiletries. Suites have full kitchens and DVD players.
- Poolside There's a mosaic-tiled indoor pool at the hotel's Leisure Club, and an outdoor pool (open in good weather) that's surrounded by hammocks and sunloungers. Please note: the indoor pool is closed for maintenance between 19 November and 10 December 2012.
- Check-out 11am; Check-in, 4pm. Both can be flexible, depending on availability.
- Children The kids' room has a Wii. The hotel has a deal with a local surf outfit to offer beach sessions, included in the room rate. Children under 13 can stay on Z-beds in your room for £25 B&B. Cots for babies are free, but there's a one-off £5 charge for linen. More...
- Also Wellies are provided. You can buy Cowshed products from the spa, and Cornish deli items in the restaurant.
Food and drink at St Moritz Hotel
- Hotel restaurant On the first floor of the 'leisure building', St Moritz's restaurant serves good brasserie food, such as fish 'n' chips and steaks, lots of great seafood and local, seasonal flavours; the lunch menu changes daily according to what's good and fresh.
- Dress code Bring on the Boden.
- Top table Near the open kitchen.
- Last orders 9pm, or 10pm in high summer.
- Room service You can order from the restaurant menu at breakfast, lunch and dinner.
- Hotel bar Lounge by day, bar by night, a big, comfortable space next to the restaurant where children are always welcome and jazzy music tinkles. There are magazines scattered around, and you can order Doom Bar beer and local cider, as well as wine, cocktails, afternoon tea or a meal.
St Moritz Hotel Trebetherick, near Wadebridge, Cornwall, PL27 6SD
Join us – it's free!
Sign up now for exclusive hotel offers, money back on every booking, and Smith extras (like the one below) whenever you book with us. more
Smith extra at St Moritz Hotel
A his 'n' hers Cowshed travel set
In the know
Our favourite rooms
All the first-floor Suites have sea views: we particularly like the vista from 107a; 108a has a slightly bigger balcony. At the end of the building, room 110b has lots of space and two cosy armchairs.
The wherewithal to dress for four seasons in one day.
Be sure to book dinner and any spa treatments well in advance – both the restaurant and Cowshed are local hotspots and can get busy.