Style Tropical, tranquil villas with a view
Setting Forest coasts of Phuket
Generously dotted amid the coastal forest, Phuket boutique hotel Sri Panwa’s seductive collection of 52 luxury villas slopes down to the sea via the warm white sands of its private beach. Each glass-boxed bedroom overlooks vast swathes of ocean and, if your bed were any closer to your private pool, your pillow would be wet.
Need to know
- Rooms 52.
Double rooms from $544.17 (THB16,800), excluding tax at 18.7 per cent.
The price shown represents the lowest nightly rate for a double room available at this hotel over the next 21 days. Any price conversions from the hotel's local currency (THB16,800) have been conducted using today's exchange rates from xe.com.
- More details Rates include breakfast, welcome drink on arrival and tropical fruit basket, and in-villa minibar and snacks replenished daily.
- Facilities Private beach, spa, pool, club, cooking school, games room, gym, tennis courts, jogging and biking trails, yacht fleet, library, free WiFi, limousine service. In villas: outdoor terrazzo bath tub and rainshower, minibar, fridge, Nespresso machine, preloaded iPod, home cinema system, private deck, sun-pavilion.
- Poolside Surrounded on three sides by floor-to-ceiling glass doors, each villa’s bedroom opens directly onto a private counter-current infinity pool with massage jets, overlooking the Andaman Sea. At ocean view-blessed Baba Poolclub there's also a dreamy 25-metre infinity lap pool, lined with shaded loungers and handy poolside bar.
- Check-out Midday; check-in, 2pm.
- Children Under-12s stay for free. For older children, an extra bed can be provided for THB4,000 a night. Kid-friendly activities include swimming classes, batik making and a games room.
- Also Cool Spa is open for Thai and Swedish massages, facials and therapy baths, and boasts a floating yoga deck. There's a seven-night minimum stay between 20 December and 10 January.
Food and drink at Sri Panwa
Housed in a poolside villa at the top of the hill, Baba’s open kitchen sizzles up creative Thai-inspired cuisine, with a leaning towards fresh seafood and lively, fruity sauces. At tempting Baba Soul Food, home-style Thai share dishes, such as braised pork belly, scallops in coconut soup and spicy green mango salad, are dished up in a breezy ocean-view eatery.
- Dress code Laid-back (and thinking of Thailand) – you can even dine in swimwear.
- Top table Everywhere in the restaurant offers breath-stealing sunset views, but nothing beats dining privately in the shelter of your authentic sala pavilion.
- Last orders Baba stops serving food at 10pm. The bar shivers its shakers until the last guest has gone.
DJs spin out bossa nova, lounge and house in Baba, which has the triple role of bar, restaurant and general chill-out zone. Try a scrumptiously piquant Lycheetini by the pool.
Sri Panwa 88 Moo 8 Sakdidej Rd., Tambon Vichit, Phuket, Thailand, 83000
Join us – it's free!
Sign up now for exclusive hotel offers, money back on every booking, and Smith extras (like the one below) whenever you book with us. more
Smith extra at Sri Panwa
A cocktail for two; members staying four nights or more will receive a 30-minute 'Focus' massage for two at Cool Spa
In the know
Our favourite rooms
All villas are lavishly decked out with clean-lined contemporary furnishings, in soothing hues of taupe and umber – there’s a lot of wood at play – and all offer better-than-postcard sea views. The two-bedroom villas are perfect for sharing with another couple, although there may be a scuffle over who gets the bed by the pool.
Aromatic massage oils – with a flabbergasting 180-degree panorama visible from your pillow, and complete forested seclusion all around, your bedroom is the perfect place for a romantic sunrise massage.
Don’t worry about bringing your music collection – the entertainment system includes pre-programmed music channels compiled by a DJ friend of Sri Panwa.
From the Guestbook…
We loved Sri Panwa. The Blue Elephant in Phuket town was fabulous. Set in an old colonial mansion and run by the same Blue Elephant in Bangkok, London, etc. Book a table o...more