Style All-ages tropical playground
Setting Undiscovered Koh Kood
With its vast pool villas nestled in ocean-fringed jungle, boutique hotel Soneva Kiri on Koh Kood offers ultra-luxe on a secluded Thai isle. Spend days sunbathing by the beach or floating in cool water during a Watsu treatment. At night, go on an after-dark snorkelling adventure, dine in the tree canopy or catch a movie at the outdoor cinema.
Need to know
- Rooms 27 villas.
Double rooms from $760.07, excluding tax at 21.7 per cent.
The price shown represents the lowest nightly rate for a double room available at this hotel over the next 21 days. Any price conversions from the hotel's local currency ($760) have been conducted using today's exchange rates from xe.com.
- More details Rates include breakfast, butler service and access to the chocolate and ice-cream rooms.
- Facilities Spa, private beach with watersports facilities, tennis and volleyball court, fitness room, observatory, outdoor cinema, kids’ club, ice-cream and chocolate rooms, library, CD and DVD libraries, free WiFi throughout, concierge. In rooms: flatscreen TV and DVD player, CD player, iPod dock, minibar, full-size Soneva amenities, golf buggy, private pool, outdoor bathrooms, personal concierges called Fridays in a nod to Robinson Crusoe.
- Poolside As stunning as the main infinity pool is, it is oft ignored by Soneva Kiri’s guests, possibly because each of the villas has its own huge private pool.
- Check-out Midday. Check-in, 2pm. Both are flexible, subject to availability and additional charges.
- Children Kids love Soneva Kiri. Beaches, pools and an amazing kids’ club will keep them amused. Free cots can be added to rooms and extra beds for children under the age of 12 cost US$73 a night. More...
- Also Both smoking and non-smoking villas are available.
Food and drink at Soneva Kiri
Benz's is a lantern-lit Thai restaurant on stilts reached via a speedboat through the mangroves. Prop yourself on the floor cushions and enjoy dishes such as deep-fried fish with spicy and sweet sauce and crispy banana blossom. Dinner-only the View has a daily-changing modern bistro menu, with a dreamy deck, but be sure to book for Thursday's Slowlife dinner, made solely from local fish and vegetables from the organic garden. A mighty buffet breakfast is served at casual outpost the Dining Room, which hosts a Thai buffet on Tuesdays. Snag a table on the sand at shoreside the Beach, which serves pizza, sushi and salads. Got a head for heights? Book Treepod Dining, a bamboo pod winched up to six metres in the air so you can gaze down on the rainforest and waves below while an acrobatic waiter serves your meal via a zip line. Pod dining is available for all meals. Budding Willy Wonkas will love So Chilled, So Chocoholic and So Deli-cious, three parlours where you can help yourself to ice-cream, chocolate, cakes and pastries, or cheese and charcuterie.
- Dress code Soneva Kiri’s motto is ‘no news, no shoes’, so even at romantic the View casual – sundresses, shorts and sandals – is perfectly acceptable.
- Top table For something a little different you can’t beat Treepod Dining. Otherwise, choose the deck at the View, which hangs over the trees and takes in the sunset. Private dining, in-villa or on a deserted beach, can also be arranged.
- Last orders The kitchens stay open till 10pm; the two bars keep going until midnight.
- Room service Available from dawn until 2am, the in-villa dining menu offers just about anything you could desire. You might also like to try the in-villa barbecue, where a chef prepares a meal that includes your choice of seafood and meats.
So Spiritual is a romantic spot with sunset vistas and day-beds. There’s a full menu of fruit cocktails, as well as thousands of bottles of wine from the cellar. Catch the twice-weekly wine tastings and wine degustation dinner. At poolside So Spirited you can graze on an all-day menu of sandwiches, burgers and Thai snacks, washed down with cocktails and other concoctions.
Also worth knowing
- Weddings This property is suitable for weddings. More...
Soneva Kiri 110 Moo 4, Koh Kood District, Koh Kood, Trat, 23000
Join us – it's free!
Sign up now for exclusive hotel offers, money back on every booking, and Smith extras (like the one below) whenever you book with us. more
Smith extra at Soneva Kiri
One complimentary dinner (excluding drinks), either at the View or Benz's
Offers at Soneva Kiri
In the know
Our favourite rooms
How to choose, since they’re all divine, with billowing mosquito nets and stacks of old-school suitcases at the end of the bed hiding away the television? For couples Cliff Villa 53, with huge outdoor living spaces and a massive pool, is perfectly private.
Now’s the time to catch up on all those books and magazines on your ‘to read’ list – load them on to your Kindle to lighten your bags.
Your Soneva Kiri experience begins at Bangkok Airport, where you’re met by the hotel’s representatives and escorted to the private plane that whisks you over the city and the turquoise ocean to a neighbouring island. A five-minute trip on a speedboat and you’re delivered directly to your villa for check-in.