Soho House Berlin
Style Boho Bauhaus
Setting Mitte's coolest crossroads
A buzzing bistro, a pampering spa, a private cinema and a terrace bar at a member's club hosting media's most-wanted can only mean one thing: Soho House Berlin has arrived. This exclusive industrial-chic boutique hotel in Berlin's bleeding-edge Mitte district is the address for globe-roving coolhunters who want to combine power-brunching with decadent downtime.
Need to know
- Rooms 40, including two suites.
Double rooms from $161.38 (€122), excluding tax at 7 per cent.
The price shown represents the lowest nightly rate for a double room available at this hotel over the next 21 days. Any price conversions from the hotel's local currency (€122) have been conducted using today's exchange rates from xe.com.
- More details Rates exclude à la carte breakfast.
- Facilities Spa, hammam, gym, roof terrace, cinema, library, free WiFi throughout, event space. In rooms: touch-screen LCD Blu-Ray TV, CD/DVD player, iPod dock, Bose speakers, Roberts radio, minibar with free water, Cowshed products, record players.
- Poolside The trademark Soho House pool terrace features a heated plunge pool lined with volcanic stone; flop onto a green and white sunlounger or park yourself at a parasol-shaded bistro table to soak up fantastic city views.
- Check-out 12 noon. Late check-outs (on request) are charged an extra night. Earliest check-in, 3pm.
- Children This late-night scene-stealer is best for adults only. At a push, extra beds (€30 a night) and cots (€10) can be added to rooms by special request.
- Also Smoking is only permitted outside on the terrace or in the courtyard. None of the rooms is specially adapted for wheelchair users but accessibility in the common areas is good.
Food and drink at Soho House Berlin
- Hotel restaurant Well-curated classics from pizza and schnitzel to currywurst made with apple-fed pork complete the House Kitchen's all-day bistro menu; breakfast options include pastries, poached eggs, Bircher muesli and a Full English. Barbecues and bar snacks are on offer on the roof terrace.
- Dress code Fash-pack black; media-mogul casual; or graphics-geek specs and high-tops.
- Top table A red-leather banquette seat in the black-and-white tiled House Kitchen for breakfast; a city-view velvet wing-back sofa in the club bar.
- Last orders The member's club winds down at around 3am, but your minibar (or a speed-dial staff member) will serve you all night long.
- Room service The House Kitchen menu is available 24 hours a day. Or you could just gobble down all the delicious hand-made biscuits hidden in a silver tin on your room's complimentary tea tray.
- Hotel bar Racing green leather stools crowd round a pewter-topped beauty in the 7th-floor member's club, under a stunning Deco-style crystal chandelier. Order a mean martini (we loved Harlem Nights, a Grey Goose number laced with Cointreau and orange oil) or glass of fine wine and retreat to a dark velvety corner. Soho House's trademark terrace bar on the 8th floor is perfect for city street-gazing on balmy nights.
Soho House Berlin Soho House Berlin, Torstrasse 1, Berlin, Germany, 10119
Join us – it's free!
Sign up now for exclusive hotel offers, money back on every booking, and Smith extras (like the one below) whenever you book with us. more
Smith extra at Soho House Berlin
A full-size bottle of Cowshed spa's Horny Cow Seductive Bath & Massage Oil
In the know
Our favourite rooms
Tiny and Small rooms in the eaves of the hotel's right wing overlooking Prenzlauer Allee are great value; exposed concrete beams, herringbone fabrics, Anglepoise lamps and red wooden beds create an intimate retro dorm feel. Larger rooms have high ceilings and feature grand Deco-style furnishings, including screen-siren dressing tables and record players. Big room 17 has calamine pink walls and a freestanding rolltop bath behind a rollaway dividing wall, plus a walk-in monsoon shower and padded velvet sunray-design bedhead. This and other rooms at the front of the hotel have great city views; rooms at the back are quieter. Mr Smith likes masculine-hued Medium room 38, overlooking the cobbled courtyard. Extra Large room 34 on the sixth floor is truly enormous, with an oversize bed and quilted velvet headboard, and curvaceous ivory lamp-stands, freestanding tub, chaise longue, dining area and shower for two.
Hairdryers, hair straighteners, flip-flops, bathrobes and alarm clocks are all provided, so you can leave extra space in their cases for all those boutique buys and Cowshed goodies you'll be bringing home.
Cowshed spa in the basement has side-by-side white leather mani-pedi chairs (perfect for girlie nattering), relaxing treatment rooms, a hammam and a sauna. The excellent Soho House concierge can handle even the most outlandish rock-star rider.