Style Mad Men modern
Setting Tailored triangle below Canal
Inspired by a Madison Avenue ad man's boutique bachelor pad, Smyth Tribeca hotel in New York delivers Sixties style in a sophisticated, sexy way. Leather-lined walls, mid-century modern furnishings and understated, masculine rooms make this the ultimate city slicker. Lucky for you, the key has been left under the flowerpot.
Need to know
- Rooms 100, including 16 suites.
Double rooms from $239.00, excluding tax at 14.75 per cent. Please note the hotel charges an additional room tax of $3.50 per room per night on check-out.
The price shown represents the lowest nightly rate for a double room available at this hotel over the next 21 days. Any price conversions from the hotel's local currency ($239) have been conducted using today's exchange rates from xe.com.
- More details Rates exclude breakfast (from US$10) and service.
- Facilities Fitness centre, valet service and parking garage access. In rooms: flatscreen TV, DVD player, iPod dock, minibar stocked with Dean & DeLuca snacks and Kiki de Montparnasse accessories; Sferra linens; Kiehl’s toiletries.
- Check-out 12pm, but flexible, subject to availability and fees. Earliest check-in, 3pm.
- Children Welcome. Babysitting is available, pricing is at the discretion of the sitter. Cribs can be added for free. The Double Deluxe room can interconnect to the King Deluxe room, Studio King or King Suite. More...
- Also Ask the concierge to arrange beauty services for you at a neighbourhood spa. Smoking rooms are available on a designated floor.
Food and drink at Smyth Tribeca
- Hotel restaurant Chef Ed Cotton, of BLT market and Top Chef fame, has curated a menu of Southern France comfort-food favourites such as cassoulet, moules frites and coq au vin at Plein Sud Restaurant and Bar à Vins. This cosy brasserie offers breakfast, lunch, dinner and brunch on the weekends. Luscious baked Atlantic cod paired with manila clam sauce is a standout.
- Dress code Pinstripes and pencil skirts.
- Top table Nab table six or eight, the roomiest booths in the place, with neck-craning views of the bustling street and fashionable fellow diners.
- Last orders The restaurant is open until 12 midnight; sip cocktails until 2am in Toro lounge.
- Room service South of France classics alongside American favourites means you can order burger as easily as steak frîtes. Orders are taken from 6.30am until 11pm; after that hit the minibar which also has Dean & DeLuca snacks.
- Hotel bar The hotel lobby turns into Smyth Bar after 3pm. Mixologists work their magic in front of the pink crocodile panelled bar. After 8pm, make a beeline downstairs to Toro Lounge, a sexy cellar drinking den decked out with red velvet seating and framed, fanned-out matador capes. The feel here is speakeasy cool – with intimate alcoves. Cocktails are infused with flavours of Southern France such as blood orange, figs and melons.
Smyth Tribeca 85 West Broadway, New York 10007
Join us – it's free!
Sign up now for exclusive hotel offers, money back on every booking, and Smith extras (like the one below) whenever you book with us. more
Smith extra at Smyth Tribeca
Baked treats from a local patisserie
Offers at Smyth Tribeca
In the know
Our favourite rooms
We love the airy corner rooms such as 410 and 411, they share a corridor, ideal if you need to stretch out. Both have ample space, modern, polished chrome lighting fixtures, comfy couches and stunning views of the cityscape. You can get this combo on a few different floors, the higher you go the better the view.
Bring your Lomo camera, or download the app so you can take faux-vintage snapshots in the lobby.
Award-winning design duo Yabu Pushelberg – who created Bergdorf Goodman and Louis Vuitton stores in Manhattan, as well as the St Regis in San Francisco – are behind Smyth's swagger.