Six Senses Samui
Style Rustic luxe retreats
Setting Hilltop tip of Koh Samui
With floor-to-ceiling windows overlooking the sea and outlying island tropics, Koh Samui boutique hotel Six Senses Samui’s private wooden villas provide astonishing views from a rustic rainforest retreat. Boasting one of the finest restaurants on the island, and an ultra-pampering signature spa, this chilled-out village escape is a hideaway you hope no one else finds.
Need to know
- Rooms 66 villas, including 52 with private pools.
Double rooms from $421.37 (THB12,637), excluding tax at 18.7 per cent.
The price shown represents the lowest nightly rate for a double room available at this hotel over the next 21 days. Any price conversions from the hotel's local currency (THB12,637) have been conducted using today's exchange rates from xe.com.
- More details Rates include breakfast and private butler service.
- Facilities Spa, water sports centre, gym, boutique, butler service, wine cellar, library, speedboat. In rooms: TV, DVD/CD player, iPod dock, free WiFi, minibar, fridge.
- Poolside A bamboo-lined wooden walkway leads to a huge aquamarine infinity pool with a row of ocean-view day-beds and vast white parasols.
- Check-out Midday. Later check-out is available by prior arrangement (subject to availability).
- Children Extra beds are available for THB 2,100 a night, and cots are free. Babysitting can be arranged for THB350 an hour and the restaurant provides a children’s menu.
- Also All villas are assigned a private butler to look after each guest’s wishes and whims. No pets. Smoking is not allowed in any of the villas. There's a minimum seven-night stay between 22 December and 7 January.
Food and drink at Six Senses Samui
- Hotel restaurant Dining on the Hill on the sunset side of Six Senses offers a classic Thai menu in an open-air pavilion. Book ahead at Dining on the Rocks – nine terraces down to the sea – it attracts gourmands from all over the island with its ingenious fusion fare.
- Dress code Loose, laid-back and lightly linened.
- Top table Head straight for table 99 at Dining on the Rocks – it’s set on its own private terrace and has a backdrop built for proposals, indecent or otherwise.
- Last orders 10.30pm for food in the restaurants; the bar stays open until there’s no one left to serve.
- Room service You can dine in-villa 24 hours a day on an assortment of Thai and international dishes.
- Hotel bar Each restaurant has an elegant cocktail bar attached – Drinks on the Rocks for pre-prandial aperitifs and Drinks on the Hill for frozen cocktails and a jazzy Café del Mar-style soundtrack. There are also regular tastings at Wines on the Hill.
Also worth knowing
- Weddings This property is suitable for weddings. More...
Six Senses Samui 9/10 Moo 5, Baan Plai Laem, Bophut, Koh Samui, Suratthani, 84320
Join us – it's free!
Sign up now for exclusive hotel offers, money back on every booking, and Smith extras (like the one below) whenever you book with us. more
Smith extra at Six Senses Samui
A 30-minute foot massage or body scrub for two people
Current offers at Six Senses Samui
In the know
Our favourite rooms
Nab yourself a Pool Villa so you can splash about in your own private pool and dry off on your sun-deck. The higher up the hillside you go, the better the view, so ask for villa number five if you’re after postcard panoramas. To minimise bedroom-to-beach travel time, go for villas 43 or 42, which are situated right on the water. Plush Ocean Front Pool Villa Suite 38 also comes recommended – it’s got some delightfully shady trees ornamenting the sun-deck.
Insect repellent is a must – creepy crawlies come out at night.
If you’re stuck for something to do – unlikely, we’ll admit – the Life centre takes all the hassle out of arranging island tours, snorkeling trips, Thai cookery classes or just borrowing a DVD for the night.