Style Sumptuous solitude
Setting Sweet Sweni
With only six riverside rooms, this intimate safari lodge on the banks of the Sweni river offers true seclusion. The Kruger National Park surrounds you, offering some of the world's best safari experiences, but the luxurious rooms at Singita Sweni don't compromise on comfort, offering game-viewing decks, indoor/outdoor showers and complimentary minibar.
Need to know
- Rooms Six riverside rooms.
Double rooms from $2243.59 (ZAR21,491), excluding tax at 14 per cent.
The price shown represents the lowest nightly rate for a double room available at this hotel over the next 21 days. Any price conversions from the hotel's local currency (ZAR21,491) have been conducted using today's exchange rates from xe.com.
- More details Rates include all meals and drinks, two game drives a day, walking safaris and transfers to the airstrip.
- Facilities The riverside rooms have air-con, fireplaces, a game-viewing deck, outdoor and indoor showers and complimentary minibar. Suites have iPod docks.
- Poolside The pool is surrounded by sunloungers and shaded areas.
- Check-out 11am, but guests may use the lodge facilities until their departure.
- Children All children are welcome.
- Also The hotel spa in Lebombo village offers a full range of treatments. Safaris are conducted in six-seater Land Rovers but private vehicles are available on request for a fee.
Food and drink at Singita Sweni
- Hotel restaurant African fusion cuisine includes delicious game dishes, such as ostrich, to tempt the adventurous. Dishes make extensive use of local fresh fruit and vegetables. The wine cellar is also exceptionally good.
- Dress code Safari classics.
- Top table By the fire on the terrace, with a view over the river.
- Last orders There are no last orders but early starts make late nights a rarity; wake up calls are usually at 5am.
- Room service Always available; meals can be served in your room and the lodge endeavours to meet all guests wishes.
- Hotel bar All drinks at the bar are complimentary, except champagnes.
Singita Sweni Sweni River, Kruger National Park
Join us – it's free!
Sign up now for exclusive hotel offers, money back on every booking, and Smith extras (like the one below) whenever you book with us. more
Smith extra at Singita Sweni
An African craftwork gift on arrival and a tasting of South African wines
In the know
Our favourite rooms
All rooms are on the banks of the river with excellent views, but the ones furthest from the main lodge offer a bit more seclusion.
You should take anti-malaria precautions. Cold nights, particularly between May and November, means some warm layers are essential.