S'Hotelet de Santanyi
Style Timeless townhouse
Setting Steps from the village square
Serene, secluded S’Hotelet de Santanyi in Mallorca is a masterstroke of dream combinations: minimalist yet cosy, neutral but not boring. Tucked away in an enchanting village to the island’s south, this centuries-old family home has had its soothing white palette brought to life with exotic artworks gathered from across the globe.
Need to know
- Rooms Six suites.
Double rooms from $290.11 (€224), excluding tax at 7 per cent.
The price shown represents the lowest nightly rate for a double room available at this hotel over the next 21 days. Any price conversions from the hotel's local currency (€224) have been conducted using today's exchange rates from xe.com.
- More details Rates usually include breakfast and tax.
- Facilities Free WiFi throughout, library, courtyard and art collection. In rooms: flatscreen TV, minibar and Bulgari bath products.
- Poolside There’s a plunge pool in the courtyard, secreted away behind four stone walls, with decking, a water feature and two sunloungers. Doves are known to frequent this part of the hotel. More sunbathing opportunities await on roof, where there’s a small terrace with a couple of sunloungers and a great view over Santanyi.
- Check-out 12 noon. Earliest check-in, 3pm.
- Children Welcome: extra beds (€68 a night) and cots (€12) can be added to rooms. Families can take over the two rooms at the top of house and enjoy their own lounge area and private terrace.
- Also The hotel has designated smoking areas.
Food and drink at S'Hotelet de Santanyi
The breakfast room was historically where horses used to drink: the original trough lines the back wall. Other elements still in place include traditional Mallorcan stone walls and wooden beams. Enjoy a breakfast of local-only produce (home-made jams, meats, cheese and pastries) in a calm neutral-coloured setting, with white tablecloths, antique crockery on show in a cabinet and linen chairs.
- Dress code Add a splash of colour to brighten up the background; you'll get lost if you wear white.
- Top table Earmark a pitch on the patio to catch some early-morning sun in summer, or grab a book and settle into one of the inviting beanbags.
- Last orders Breakfast is served 8am–9.30am.
- Room service No room service.
There’s no bar at this B&B, but you won’t have to journey far: there are plenty of tapas spots and cafés to pick from out on the square.
S'Hotelet de Santanyi 23 Plaça Major, , Santanyi, Mallorca, 07650
Join us – it's free!
Sign up now for exclusive hotel offers, money back on every booking, and Smith extras (like the one below) whenever you book with us. more
Smith extra at S'Hotelet de Santanyi
A scented candle
In the know
Our favourite rooms
We were won over by the pine beams on the ceiling in Lavanda, a room that lets you really feel part of the family with its cluster of canvases on the wall printed with old photos of the owner’s mother and father. The best bed can be found in Bruc, where it’s hidden behind elegant white drapes that contrast with the terracotta tiles on the floor.
Prepare to spend a lot of time in Lycra, either cooling off in the plunge pool or bathing at the beach, so bring your smartest swimwear. Sensible shoes will work wonders on the cobbled streets of the village. Art and design enthusiasts will do well to pack a sketchbook to scribble down inspiration from things they stumble across.
Behind the hotel, a separate casita (little house) has space to sleep four over three levels with a private terrace at the top.