Style Contemporary Angkorian
Setting Tranquil French Quarter
Sophisticated Shinta Mani boutique hotel in Siem Reap seduces with soft lighting, fragrant scents and made-you-look, mod-Cambodian design, care of US interiors whizz Bill Bensley. Mission out on tailored tours to Ankgor's dazzling temples, then retreat to your spacious suite or savour the cool pool, soothing spa and dreamy swing-seat dining.
Need to know
- Rooms 39.
Double rooms from $101.86, excluding tax at 17.81 per cent.
The price shown represents the lowest nightly rate for a double room available at this hotel over the next 21 days. Any price conversions from the hotel's local currency ($102) have been conducted using today's exchange rates from xe.com.
- More details Rates include welcome drink, breakfast, daily fruit platter, pool bar cocktail on day of arrival, 30-minute foot massage bath with your first spa treatment.
- Facilities Spa, concierge, charity centre, library with books, DVDs, games and magazines, guest computers, gallery, free WiFi throughout. In rooms: flatscreen cable TV, DVD player, CD player, radio, iPod dock, minibar, toiletries, pillow menu.
- Poolside In a tranquil internal courtyard, the sculptural black-tiled lap pool encourages cooling dips, backed by a soothing waterfall feature and flanked by palms and sleek loungers. The adjacent Pool Bar is a stylish spot for cocktails, smoothies, juices, coffees, teas or snacks, with a cabana den for private dining or shaded snoozing.
- Check-out 12pm; check-in, 2pm, but both flexible subject to availability. A room for changing or showering can also be made available for early arrivals or late check-outs.
- Children Welcome, although the hotel has a sophisticated, adult feel, with lots of toddler-unfriendly antiques and stairs. Baby cots are free and extra beds can be supplied for older kids for US$49 a night. Babysitting costs US$5 an hour, with an hour's notice. More...
- Also Pets are not permitted. All rooms are non-smoking, but guests can smoke on Deluxe Room terraces.
Food and drink at Shinta Mani
Meaning 'food' in royal Khmer, streetside Kroya restaurant includes a chic grey dining area with stripy floors and temple maps on the ceiling, and a breezy terrace slung with suspended dining swings and lined with lotus-dotted pools. Enjoy smart à la carte modern Cambodian dishes, such as prawn skewers, crab bouillabaise, fish amoc curry with rice, or ginger and lemongrass pannacotta.
- Dress code Informal by day, elegant by night (linen trousers beat skirts for decency on the dining swings!).
- Top table Anywhere in Kroya's air-conditioned interior for breakfast or lunch; the seductive outdoor dining swings for dinner.
- Last orders Breakfast is served from 6am until 10.30am; Kroya takes last orders by 10pm.
- Room service Mirroring the restaurant menu, room service can be yours from 7am until 10pm, offering tasty soups, salads and curries. You can also order breakfast boxes, including coffee, pastries, fruit and yoghurt, at extra cost for sunrise temple trips.
Perched above Kroya, Bensley's Bar is a relaxed, airy space with smart charcoal-grey screens and booths cantilevered out over the terrace below. Snaffle a style mag, then kick back with Asian, Spanish or dessert tapas platters and an Open Heart cocktail, a heady mix of Cuban rum, passionfruit, mint leaves and palm sugar, picking up on the hotel's motto 'Open Doors, Open Hearts'. The lounge tune-toting Pool Bar, dotted with slouchy sofas, saffron accessories and striking ornaments, also dispenses drinks and delicious day-long snacks (look out for daily cocktail deals or ask the staff to whip up your preferred tipple).
Shinta Mani Junction of Oum Khun and 14th Street, Siem Reap, Cambodia, 85563
Join us – it's free!
Sign up now for exclusive hotel offers, money back on every booking, and Smith extras (like the one below) whenever you book with us. more
Smith extra at Shinta Mani
Three-course, set menu swing-seat dinner for two, excluding alcohol
In the know
Our favourite rooms
For views over the courtyard pool from your balcony, opt for a spacious upper-floor Deluxe Room, or for privacy and a small garden, make it a ground-floor Deluxe pad. Our personal faves are the Superior Poolside boudoirs with chill-out porches just steps from the refreshing lap pool. Showers get more sumptuous as you upgrade.
Trainers for temple-hopping; flip-flops for tackling town in the wet season. The hotel provides umbrellas, but bring your own mosquito repellant and sun cream (afternoon rays can be scorching).
Make time for a session in the soothing, top-floor spa, which sports one spa suite with a massive bath tub, three double treatment rooms and an alfresco relaxation and yoga terrace. Aromatherapy massages kick off with a choice of fragrant oils and a footbath or banish jetlag with a Khmer Coffee Scrub, using white clay and coffee beans from Ratanakiri Province.