Seven Rooms Villadorata
Style Gargoyles and grandeur
Setting Noto’s historic heart
Once home to a prince, Seven Rooms Villadorata in Noto makes you feel like royalty: frescoed ceilings, ornate tiles and high windows add a stately air to this honey-hued Baroque beauty.
Need to know
- Rooms Five, including three suites.
Double rooms from $281.99 (€218), excluding tax at 10 per cent.
The price shown represents the lowest nightly rate for a double room available at this hotel over the next 21 days. Any price conversions from the hotel's local currency (€218) have been conducted using today's exchange rates from xe.com.
- More details Rates include a buffet breakfast.
- Facilities Terrace, library and free WiFi throughout. In rooms, flatscreen TV, air-conditioning, free bottled water and Ortigia bath products.
- Check-out 11am, but flexible for €50. Earliest check-in, 2.30pm.
- Children The hotel can’t provide cots, but extra beds can be added for 50 per cent of the room rate. A babysitter can be organised with a day’s notice (€15 an hour).
- Also Pets are allowed, but mustn’t be left unattended in the bedrooms. Smoking is permitted on balconies and the terrace. Two-night minimum stay.
- Hotel closed 1 November to 20 December 2011 and 6 January to 31 March 2012.
Food and drink at Seven Rooms Villadorata
There’s no restaurant at this boutique B&B, but you will be treated to a wholesome spread of fresh fruit, yoghurts, cereal, meats, cheese and pastries in the morning.
- Dress code Crisp cotton and linen to keep cool as the Sicilian temperatures soar. (If you're here in winter, stay ahead of the game with cashmere and a raincoat.)
- Top table Breakfast out on the patio if it’s sunny, or in the library if it’s wet and windy.
- Last orders Breakfast is served from 8.30am until 10am.
- Room service None.
There isn’t a bar, just a white Smeg fridge tucked away next to the library stocked with free-for-all still, sparkling and flavoured mineral water. There’s also a Nespresso machine for endless espressos.
Seven Rooms Villadorata 53 via Cavour, Noto, Sicily, 96017
Join us – it's free!
Sign up now for exclusive hotel offers, money back on every booking, and Smith extras (like the one below) whenever you book with us. more
Smith extra at Seven Rooms Villadorata
A set of room scents by Dr Vranjes, as used in the hotel
In the know
Our favourite rooms
The name might be confusing – there are only five bedrooms. The other two rooms of the eponymous seven are the sitting room and library. Each named after a wind, we loved Austro (wind of the south) most: three enormous French doors open onto a balcony overlooking the golden rooftops and rolling countryside. It was the prince’s bedroom and all of his gilded tiles and frescoes have been restored. Schirone (wind of the south-west) is smaller, but the views are just as good.
Leave the beach towels and big brollies at home – the hotel has all beachy bases covered. There’s a marine reserve nearby, so don’t forget your snorkelling gear.
Noto is home to Corrado Costanzo, a dolceria on Via Spaventa that is often said to make the world’s best ice-cream (+39 0931 835243).