Style A very English retreat
Setting Lakeside wilderness
Nestled in soft undulating hills and perfect woods rolling down to Lake Windermere is the Samling hotel. You couldn’t ask for a more ideal location – right on the water, but still secluded. The beauty of the woodland location is that you can step outside your room and just start walking…
Need to know
- Rooms 11.
Double rooms from $189.08 (£125), excluding tax at 20 per cent.
The price shown represents the lowest nightly rate for a double room available at this hotel over the next 21 days. Any price conversions from the hotel's local currency (£125) have been conducted using today's exchange rates from xe.com.
- More details Rates include breakfast.
- Facilities Pool table, communal hot tub, 67 acres of grounds.
- Check-out 11am.
- Children Kids are welcome, but there are no babysitting facilities and the restaurant is adults-only after 7pm.
- Also No smoking in the restaurant. Minimum two-night stay at weekends.
Food and drink at Samling
Fine dining, with a fantastic wine cellar. Relax over breakfast from 7.00am to 10.00am.
- Dress code Country casuals.
- Top table By the window, for a view over the lake.
- Last orders 9.30pm for food, but the bar stays open all night for guests.
- Room service Until 11pm.
Samling Ambleside Road, Windermere, Cumbria, LA23 1LR, Lake District, LA23 1LR
Join us – it's free!
Sign up now for exclusive hotel offers, money back on every booking, and Smith extras (like the one below) whenever you book with us. more
Smith extra at Samling
A glass of champagne each on arrival
In the know
Our favourite rooms
We liked the Bothy. Also Manmire, a split-level room away from the main house, with spectacular views. Only one room doesn’t have a view of Lake Windermere.
Walking shoes, wet-weather gear, CDs; there is a VHS classic-film library.