Style Sleek seaside sanctuary
Setting Gazing on Godrevy
Luxury-laden Salt House on the edge of St Ives is a boutique B&B glowing in the special light this region is famed for. The two rooms are simple and spectacular, with bay-spanning views through floor-to-ceiling glass, balconies to breakfast on and hi-tech heaven in the entertainment department.
Need to know
- Rooms Two.
Double rooms from $277.33 (£183), excluding tax at 20 per cent.
The price shown represents the lowest nightly rate for a double room available at this hotel over the next 21 days. Any price conversions from the hotel's local currency (£183) have been conducted using today's exchange rates from xe.com.
- More details Rates include breakfast.
- Facilities Free WiFi, CD/DVD library, parking. In rooms: flatscreen TV with Sky+, CD/Blu-Ray/DVD player, king-size Heal’s bed, minibar and free bottled water.
- Check-out 11am. Earliest check-in, 3pm.
- Children Salt House is more of an adults' hideaway.
- Also A minimum two-night stay applies.
- Hotel closed December and January.
Food and drink at Salt House
- Hotel restaurant There’s no restaurant, just a breakfast menu of cooked and Continental items which you pick from and pop in the special postbox. It’s then brought up to your room at the designated time.
- Dress code Suitably seadoggy: salt-washed and weathered.
- Top table There aren’t any communal spaces but curl up on your balcony for bay views and beauty courtesy of the Cornish shores.
- Last orders Breakfast will be delivered to your room between 8am and 9.30am.
- Room service None.
- Hotel bar There’s no bar, but you’ll find an amply stocked (and complimentary) minibar in your room, as well as all the necessaries for tea and coffee.
Salt House Venton Road, Cornwall TR26 2AQ
Join us – it's free!
Sign up now for exclusive hotel offers, money back on every booking, and Smith extras (like the one below) whenever you book with us. more
Smith extra at Salt House
Half a bottle of champagne
In the know
Our favourite rooms
There are only two: one has an epic bathroom, the other wins the colour wars. The North Room has a freestanding bath in a huge space overlooking the balcony (overlooking Godrevy Beach) and a walk-in shower that could cleanse an army. The South Room’s bathroom doesn’t scrimp, either – it has a walk-in shower and a double-ended bath.
Binoculars for ocean ogling and seagull spotting. Windbreakers for the winding walks.
The hotel is in a residential area just outside St Ives. A 10-minute walk along a coastal path will get you to the town centre; there’s a torch in your room to guide you back after dark.