Style Colonial but contemporary Keralan villa
Setting Alleppey on the Arabian Sea
Heritage-stamped boutique hotel Raheem Residency in Kerala sits across a small road from peaceful Alleppey Beach. Intimate and personal, this 19th-century colonial villa is suited for those looking for luxury and romance. Hiding behind lush palm trees a short stride from the golden sand and Arabian Sea, this converted private home is imposing and yet welcoming.
Need to know
- Rooms 10: six in the main house.
Double rooms from $90.54 (€70), excluding tax at 12.5 per cent. Please note the hotel charges an additional service charge of 7.42% per person per night on check-out.
The price shown represents the lowest nightly rate for a double room available at this hotel over the next 21 days. Any price conversions from the hotel's local currency (€70) have been conducted using today's exchange rates from xe.com.
- More details Rates include breakfast.
- Facilities WiFi throughout, Ayurvedic beauty treatments/massages, well-stocked library, laundry service, bicycle hire, air-conditioning.
- Poolside Filtration-fact fans might be interested to know that the 14.7-metre outdoor swimming pool in the back yard was cleverly designed to make the most of restricted space, the first in Kerala to use the compact French Desjoyeaux filtration system.
- Check-out 11am.
- Children This hotel is better suited to couples - leave the children at home!
Food and drink at Raheem Residency
- Hotel restaurant Chakara is the sea-view restaurant, meaning a plentiful catch of fish. Serving Indian, Keralan and Continental dishes such as Alleppey Fish Curry, Kuttanadan Fish Fry, Nadan Kozhi Curry, Chicken Makhani, and Pudina (minted) Fish.
- Top table Tables looking out to the east overlook a parade ground where boys play cricket and ladies learn the scooter – the perfect viewing gallery to observe modern Indian life. Also it is very suitable to watch rain in the monsoon summer months.
- Room service Food is available 07h30–22h, and they can rustle up sandwiches, omelettes and French fries when the full restaurant menu isn’t available. Meals can be served in your room.
- Hotel bar There’s no formal bar, but they do provide an alcohol service to guests in the restaurant, lawn and pool area. And they do a mean Planter’s Punch cocktail.
Raheem Residency 1100, Beach Road, Alleppey, Kerala, India, 688012
Join us – it's free!
Sign up now for exclusive hotel offers, money back on every booking, and Smith extras (like the one below) whenever you book with us. more
Smith extra at Raheem Residency
A 30-minute Ayurvedic head and shoulder massage for one
Current offers at Raheem Residency
Offers at Raheem Residency
In the know
Our favourite rooms
The generously sized bedrooms at the Raheem Residency combine traditional Keralan furniture and colourful embroideries contrasting with whitewashed walls and tiled floors. Neither excessively fussy, nor overly spartan, with vast four-poster beds with super-soft mattresses and spiralling wooden columns, and a bathroom stocked with Ayurvedic lotions and creams.
Your laptop or notebook and would-be novelist desires: the hotel offers a writers’ retreat, and with the sands of the blissfully quiet beach on your doorstep, what better place is there to take a stroll and be inspired?