Style Theatrical temptress
Setting Sydney's happening heart
Sexy, sassy and stylish, QT Sydney boutique hotel has her party shoes on and is ready to dance. This super-central design diva is carved out of the historic State Theatre and Gowings department store buildings, blending Gothic, art deco and Italianate architecture with quirky-but-cool interiors. Door gals dressed in saucy uniforms, buzzy drinking and dining, and a hip day spa? We're smitten.
Need to know
- Rooms 200, including 19 suites.
Double rooms from $300.91 (AU$309), excluding tax at 10 per cent.
The price shown represents the lowest nightly rate for a double room available at this hotel over the next 21 days. Any price conversions from the hotel's local currency (AU$309) have been conducted using today's exchange rates from xe.com.
- More details Rates exclude à la carte breakfast, from AU$14.
- Facilities Spa, barber's shop, concierge, free WiFi throughout and DVD/film library, valet parking. In rooms: flatscreen TV, radio, iPod dock, minibar, Uspa toiletries.
- Check-out 11am; check-in, 2pm, both flexible subject to availability.
- Children This is a glam playground for grown-ups, so leave the kids with grandma.
- Also Once you've booked in, the QT Sydney Concierge iPhone app hooks you up with all the info you need to plan your stay, from the skinny on the hotel and SpaQ treats to local retail therapy and hot bars and restaurants.
Food and drink at QT Sydney
Helmed by chef Paul Easson under the creative direction of Sydney restaurateur Robert Marchetti, Gowings Bar & Grill is an edgy, European-style all-day brasserie, which lures diners with its fresh Australian produce (sourced from artisan providores), so-now culinary techniques (we're talking wood-fired rotisseries and ovens) and smart list of up-and-coming wines. Swing by for breakfast, lunch or dinner (bookings essential), with star dishes spanning New York sirloin on the bone, hand-dived wild scallops and whole line-caught rock flathead. Interiors work an elegant, retro-modern look, with private dining spaces on the mezzanine for gang get-togethers.
- Dress code Street-chic for Parlour Lane Roasters by day, seductive for Gowings Bar & Grill by night, sexy for DJ sessions at the Gilt Lounge in the small hours.
- Top table By the windows or open kitchen at Gowings for sociable soirees.
- Last orders Parlour Lane Roasters pours coffee until 8.30pm Monday to Saturday, and 5pm Sundays. At Gowings, dinner is served from 6pm to 11pm. Gilt Lounge dishes drinks from 6pm until midnight Monday to Wednesday, and until 2am Thursday to Saturday (closed Sundays).
- Room service You can order room service 24 hours a day, with dishes adapted from the restaurant and a late-night menu for party animals. Minibars are stocked with stylish treats, including sweets, crisps, wine, DIY Martini kits, tea and Nespresso coffee pods.
Need a caffeine fix? Parlour Lane Roasters café, perched by the Market Street entrance of the QT, is your go-to spot for barista-poured coffee by day or aperitivos come evening, including a fine line in naughty Negronis. Night owls should flutter to the Gilt Lounge upstairs, a drinking den for the beautiful people. Shrouded in how-very-dare-you scarlet curtains with a heady mix of retro furniture and colour-clash rugs, this cheeky little number is a must for vintage and modern cocktails – does a girl (or guy) order the Millionaire #1 or the Widow's Kiss? It's your call. Spot-on DJ tunes help the medicine go down. There's also an honesty bar in the lobby lounge for drinks or snacks on the go.
QT Sydney 49 Market Street, Sydney, New South Wales 2000
Join us – it's free!
Sign up now for exclusive hotel offers, money back on every booking, and Smith extras (like the one below) whenever you book with us. more
Smith extra at QT Sydney
Use of the hammam at SpaQ, plus free late check-out until 12pm
In the know
Our favourite rooms
All the boudoirs rock a fashion-forward look, with vibrant hits of colour, print and pattern across fur throws, rugs and cushions, teamed with modern lounge chairs and statement lights, including bowler hat pendant lamps. Cute ceramic animals, illuminated vitrines of cut-glass ornaments and DIY Martini kits up the eccentricity. Of the QT Deluxe King rooms, number 73 boasts wow-worthy windows; any QT Corner Suite is a hot tip for the extra space and sitting area.
Bring snappy sartorial statements to fit in with the party-ready, hipster crowd here. Even the door chicks are ultra-glam, with red bobbed wigs and sexy, burlesquey black outfits, so dress to impress.
Simply book a time slot in stylish SpaQ and 'fresh picked' treatments are honed around your mood on the day (we love the hammam and ice-room). Gents can go grooming crazy at the old-school barber's (complete with antique US chairs), where wet shaves and facials leave you sleek as a seal (choose between Mr Bond or the Don).