Style Balearic comfort
Setting Middle of Hua Hin old town
A glittering white oasis in the centre of this renowned retreat for Bangkok's well-garbed, well-heeled crowd, welcoming Hua Hin boutique retreat Putahracsa hotel is a stylish and snazzy reinvention of Sixties motel architecture that attracts beautiful people (and beautiful people-watchers) to its languid, laid-back lifestyle.
Need to know
- Rooms 59, including 23 villas.
Double rooms from $171.86 (THB5,127), excluding tax at 17 per cent.
The price shown represents the lowest nightly rate for a double room available at this hotel over the next 21 days. Any price conversions from the hotel's local currency (THB5,127) have been conducted using today's exchange rates from xe.com.
- More details Rates include breakfast.
- Facilities Spa, boutique, sitting room/library with one PC, free WiFi throughout. In-room amenities: LCD TV, DVD/CD, fridge, minibar, tea/coffee.
- Poolside Putahracsa's rooms and villas surround the rectangular main infinity pool, bordered by wooden walkways and parasol-shaded day-beds.
- Check-out Midday. Late check-out is subject to availability and a fee.
- Children Under-12s stay for free in parents’ rooms (special deal for Smith members), and get 50 per cent off meals; special menu, by arrangement. Cots are free for under-twos. Babysitting can be arranged at THB500 an hour.
- Also Yoga sessions can be arranged. Smoking allowed outside.
Food and drink at Putahracsa
- Hotel restaurant Romantic by night, Oceanside restaurant serves good fish and Thai/Med cuisine, looking out into the Gulf of Thailand. Breakfast takes place in Sala Monsoon, on the reception side of the hotel; drinks and snacks are served all day, on the little terrace by Sala Monsoon, in your room or by the pool.
- Dress code Summery, beachy, easy chic.
- Top table The tables looking out to sea, where you’ll be seated next to each other, unless you prefer to gaze into one another’s eyes.
- Last orders Oceanside: 10.45pm. Sala Monsoon: 8pm. Drinks: 11pm.
- Room service All restaurant menus are available in rooms from 7am until midnight.
- Hotel bar Sala Monsoon, the round, thatch-roofed breakfast zone, acts as hotel bar, but it’s more of a service hatch than social hub, with drinks conveyed to your room, terrace or poolside.
Putahracsa 22/65 Naeb Kaehat Road, Hua Hin, Prachuabkirikhan, Hua Hin, 77110
Join us – it's free!
Sign up now for exclusive hotel offers, money back on every booking, and Smith extras (like the one below) whenever you book with us. more
Smith extra at Putahracsa
A bottle of wine, welcome massage for two and tropical drink on arrival, plus fresh fruit daily and free internet.
In the know
Our favourite rooms
All the rooms are decorated in soothing, stylish beige and white. On the reception side, the 36 Silksand Rooms surround the pool on three sides and two levels, so you can choose ground floor or first floor, and morning sun or afternoon sun. All have cushion-laden round rattan armchairs and cushioned seating on their outdoor terraces. On the ocean side, eight two-floor Sansky Villas offer more space for families, and share their own pool; if you’re after a private waterhole and alfresco Jacuzzi, not to mention a private butler, choose one of the Oceanbed Pool Villas – the luxiest and roomiest is La Canna Pool Villa.
A sunhat for snoozing beneath, and something heavyweight to read – it’s so calm here that Hegelian dialectic reads like chick lit.