Style Arabian arts
Setting Mallorcan metropolis
Palma has gone through a renaissance, and emblematic of those changes is Puro Hotel in Mallorca. Converted from a 14th-century palace, its simple stone exterior has hardly changed over the centuries. Step inside and it’s a different story. Puro has 51 rooms, most of them overlooking the central courtyard of natural white stone decorated with palms and fountains. There is a sensation of retreat from the sun-baked streets and discovery of the calm, oasis-like interior.
Need to know
- Rooms 51, including 14 suites.
Double rooms from $249.28 (€193), excluding tax at 10 per cent.
The price shown represents the lowest nightly rate for a double room available at this hotel over the next 21 days. Any price conversions from the hotel's local currency (€193) have been conducted using today's exchange rates from xe.com.
- More details Rates usually include breakfast, but check when booking. If your stay includes a Thursday, Friday or Saturday night, a minimum three-night stay is required.
- Facilities Spa with treatment rooms, a sauna and steam rooms; digital library with DVDs and music. In room: WiFi, Bose sound systems, flatscreen TVs. In-room massages can also be arranged.
- Poolside On the roof deck, there's a small plunge pool with eight day-beds. Book ahead for a spot at PuroBeach club; there are regular (free) transfers and preferential rates for hotel guests at this hip Palma Bay pool-bar set-up.
- Check-out Midday, but flexible within reason.
- Children Kids are welcome – though they might find the hotel's party atmosphere not that conducive to getting to sleep.
- Also Small dogs welcome for €22 a day.
Food and drink at Puro Hotel
Opio bar and restaurant serves Asian and Mediterranean cuisine with a seafood focus. The restaurant closes between November and March each year.
- Dress code Casually cool.
- Top table For a lively evening, sit near the bar; for a more intimate dinner, choose a table in one of the corners.
- Last orders 2am from Thursday to Saturday, the rest of the week 1.30am.
- Room service From 8pm until 11.30am, the full restaurant menu is available in your room. At lunchtime, when the restaurant is closed, there is a snack menu. Please note: room service is not available between November and March, when the restaurant is closed.
Open each day. Thursday, Friday and Saturday night have DJ sets.
Puro Hotel C. Montenegro 12, Palma de Mallorca, Mallorca, 07012
Join us – it's free!
Sign up now for exclusive hotel offers, money back on every booking, and Smith extras (like the one below) whenever you book with us. more
Smith extra at Puro Hotel
A copy of one of the hotel's PuroBeach chill-out albums
In the know
Our favourite rooms
If the budget stretches, the room with the sunken black bath is well worth it.
Puro also owns its own Beach Club, on a peninsula eight kilometres out of the city. Have brunch, dinner or just cocktails at the bar and restaurant, and enjoy power yoga, a spa treatment or live DJ set. You can book places on the free shuttle to the club at the hotel ask the hotel to secure your place. Make sure you reserve a sunlounger too – they fill up fast.