Style Old-fashioned charmer
Setting Laid-back historic lane
Almost hidden from the surrounding city, the charming and traditional Puripunn hotel in Chiang Mai is an enchanting slice of old Thailand. Like an ornate cake fashioned from chocolate and cream, it's lovingly designed, satisfying to experience, and guaranteed to leave you wanting more.
Need to know
- Rooms 30.
Double rooms from $137.01 (THB4,103), excluding tax at 17 per cent.
The price shown represents the lowest nightly rate for a double room available at this hotel over the next 21 days. Any price conversions from the hotel's local currency (THB4,103) have been conducted using today's exchange rates from xe.com.
- More details Rates include breakfast.
- Facilities Spa, gym, library, free WiFi throughout. In rooms: flatscreen TV, minibar, rain shower (except in Deluxe Rooms) in all suites there is also a DVD player and mini stereo system.
- Poolside The rectangular jade swimming pool in the middle of Puripunn has a large Jacuzzi at its centre and is surrounded by elegant greenery.
- Check-out Noon, but flexible subject to availability. Earliest check-in, 2pm.
- Children There’s one large suite suitable for those with small Smiths, and babysitting can be arranged with prior notice. The hotel pool has an integrated children’s area.
- Also You’ll need to book a few hours ahead to experience the hotel’s traditional high tea, served daily at 3pm.
Food and drink at Puripunn
Punna Café is a bright and airy wood-lined dining area on the second floor, where signature northern Thai cuisine is served alongside European dishes and traditional high tea.
- Dress code Loose and laid-back lounge suits for Mr Smith, flowing maxi-dresses or floaty separates for Mrs Smith.
- Top table Overlooking the pool and gardens on the upper floor.
- Last orders 10.30pm in the restaurant, the bar keeps serving until midnight.
- Room service Food from the restaurant menu is available in your room from 7am–11.30pm.
The over-sized sofas in the Pool Lounge are the perfect spot to settle for a smoothie by day and a cocktail by night.
Puripunn 104/1 Charoen Muang Soi 2, Charoen Muang Road, T. Wat Gade, A. Muang, Chiang Mai, Thailand 50000
Join us – it's free!
Sign up now for exclusive hotel offers, money back on every booking, and Smith extras (like the one below) whenever you book with us. more
Smith extra at Puripunn
A choice of either a Puripunn Chill or Puripunn Lovely cocktail, and 15 per cent off your first spa treatment.
Current offers at Puripunn
Offers at Puripunn
In the know
Our favourite rooms
Bag a chocolate-walled ‘Baby’ Suite for the most romantic, whirlpool-bath-enhanced stay. All rooms are decked out in Thai-colonial style, with rich greens, calming creams and warm woods. Details such as porcelain-handled taps, ornately framed paintings and brass fans create a sense of nostalgia to the shabby-chic setting.
Bring solid walking shoes if you plan on exploring the local hills and forests; make sure you have plenty of change for trinkets at the Night Bazaar – three stories of local goods and craftworks.
Puripunn offers private classes in Thai cookery and, for more artistic foodies, fruit and veg carving.
From the Guestbook…
If want to stretch your legs after arrival and chase away the jet lag, why not take in the flower market near the hotel and grab a bite to eat on the river bank afterwards?more