Principe Forte Dei Marmi
Style Pared-down party pad
Setting Tuscan riviera
Welcome to upscale Roma Imperiale. If you’re after a Tuscan riviera break with an aristocratic air, Principe Forte dei Marmi is the hotel to hit. The interiors are a picture of minimalist modernity – whites, creams, taupes, wood and marble – and every nook, from cigar bar to spa, speaks of sleek, unshowy luxury.
Need to know
- Rooms 28, including 13 suites.
Double rooms from $1145.28 (€855), excluding tax at 10 per cent.
The price shown represents the lowest nightly rate for a double room available at this hotel over the next 21 days. Any price conversions from the hotel's local currency (€855) have been conducted using today's exchange rates from xe.com.
- More details Rates exclude breakfast (€30 each).
- Facilities Spa, free WiFi throughout, gym and private beach club. In rooms: flatscreen TV, iPod dock, free minibar and wine cooler.
- Poolside The spa has an indoor pool, and there’s another (with a bar) out in the manicured grounds.
- Check-out Midday. Earliest check-in, 4pm.
- Children Cots (€50) and extra beds (€100) can be added to parents' rooms. With six hours’ notice, babysitting can be arranged for €20 an hour. Children are welcome in the restaurant.
Food and drink at Principe Forte Dei Marmi
- Hotel restaurant There are two dining options: down at the Marechiaro Beach Club for fresh seafood spaghetti, lobster with lardo di colonnata or roast John Dory with lemon mousse, or up on the roof terrace fusion fish dishes, sushi and killer cocktails.
- Dress code Sun-kissed and scrubbed-up.
- Top table The choice is yours: mountain view on the roof or sea view from one of the beach cabanas.
- Last orders Breakfast is served from 7.30am until 11am. Lunch is on offer between 12.30pm and 2.30pm. Dinner is served from 7.30pm until 10.30pm. The bar opens at 7pm and shuts at 2am.
- Room service Sandwiches, sweet things and a few chef's suggestions are available 24 hours a day.
- Hotel bar The 67 Sky Lounge up on the roof is where to head for a sundowner with a view. You can't go wrong with some ice-cold champagne, or a classic Campari spritz. There's a cigar bar, and, in high summer, live DJs supply the sounds.
Principe Forte Dei Marmi 67 Viale Amm. Morin, Forte dei Marmi, Versilia, Tuscany, 55042
Join us – it's free!
Sign up now for exclusive hotel offers, money back on every booking, and Smith extras (like the one below) whenever you book with us. more
Smith extra at Principe Forte Dei Marmi
VIP entrance into the Capannina di Franceschi and Twiga nightclubs and 20 per cent off hiring the hotel's yacht
In the know
Our favourite rooms
For the best views, pick a corner room overlooking the gardens, pool and mountains. Room 101 is sumptuous and sexy, with a freestanding egg-shaped bath tub and a textured burgundy rug.
Pack for the Riviera: crisp whites, gold buttons, silky kaftans and the biggest sunglasses you can get your hands on.
The Principe Spa offers holistic, ancient Himalayan treatments, as well as Ayurvedic therapy. There’s a vitality pool, ice cascade and sauna.