Style Roman fashion house
Setting Spanish Steps shopping streets
Boutique hotels in Rome don’t come better located than Portrait Suites, an elegant Italian townhouse off designer-store-strewn Via Condotti, a handbag’s throw from the Piazza di Spagna. An offshoot of the Ferragamo fashion empire, this one-time atelier is festooned with shoe-related artwork and photos of the shoemaker’s star-studded heyday.
Need to know
- Rooms 14, including three suites.
Double rooms from $850.09 (€640), excluding tax at 10 per cent. Please note the hotel charges an additional local city tax of €2.00 per person per night on check-out.
The price shown represents the lowest nightly rate for a double room available at this hotel over the next 21 days. Any price conversions from the hotel's local currency (€640) have been conducted using today's exchange rates from xe.com.
- More details Suites include Continental breakfast.
- Facilities DVD library, free WiFi throughout. In rooms: kitchenette, flatscreen TV, DVD/CD player, iPod dock.
- Check-out 12 noon; later check-out may be available.
- Children Under-threes can stay free and extra beds can be provided for older children (check rates when booking). Babysitting should be organised 48 hours in advance, and costs €20 an hour.
- Also Small pets are welcome; just make sure they accessorise with your shoes.
Food and drink at Portrait Suites
There’s no restaurant at Portrait Suites but a breakfast platter of cereals, pastries, eggs and yogurt is served on the rooftop terrace.
- Dress code Palazzo pants and platforms.
- Top table Perch on the edge of the terrace with a glass of champagne and look out over the Eternal City’s skyline as the sun sets.
- Last orders The bar is stocked 24 hours a day, so just grab a drink when the mood takes.
- Room service Drinks and a small snack menu are available in rooms between 7am and 11pm.
Cushioned wooden furniture, lanterns and shrub lanterns line the roof terrace, which also boasts an open fire for warming wintry cockles. There’s an honesty bar with a wide selection of refrigerated drinks. €20 a day gets you unlimited access.
Portrait Suites 23 Via Bocca di Leone, Rome, Lazio, 00187
Join us – it's free!
Sign up now for exclusive hotel offers, money back on every booking, and Smith extras (like the one below) whenever you book with us. more
Smith extra at Portrait Suites
A bottle of wine for him; a large bottle of Lungarno bath product for her
In the know
Our favourite rooms
Deluxe Studio 53 gets our vote, with its large marble bathroom and a balcony that’s ideal for scenic city breakfasts. The Penthouse Suite (51) occupies the hotel’s top two floors and boasts an L-shaped terrace overlooking the Trinità dei Monti, as well as a shower-sauna in the bathroom. Superior Studio 11 has a lovely view over via Bocca di Leone. As you’d expect from a hotel so deeply ensconced in the world of the fashionista, all mirrors are triple-panel hinge screens, all photographs feature Ferragamo’s shoe designs, and all soft furnishings create seamless colour contrasts (tan leather-covered desks, soft blue sofas, unexpected flashes of pink and green on the curtains).
An empty suitcase and a credit card with room to breathe – the myriad chichi boutiques of Via Condotti are easy on the eye and punishing on the purse.
Portrait Suites is within walking distance of almost everything you’d want to see in Rome, but the hotel can organise a chauffeured car if you’re too lazy for legwork.
From the Guestbook…
Portrait Suites - wonderful location, wonderful accommodation and wonderful staff. This was our first trip to Rome, and staying at the Portrait Suites was possibly the most intelli...more