Ponta dos Ganchos
Style Jet-set jungle bungalows
Setting Private-island peninsula
Ponta dos Ganchos is a private paradise on a secluded stretch of Southern Brazil where sunsets sparkle and breakfast lasts all day. This relaxed rainforest retreat is on its own peninsula, fringed by tropical trees, choppy shores and oyster farms, with plenty to keep you busy – a games room, cinema and the only Christian Dior spa in South America.
Need to know
- Rooms 25 freestanding suites.
Double rooms from $649.78 (BRL1,410), excluding tax at 3 per cent. Please note the hotel charges an additional government tax of BRL4.26 per room per night on check-out.
The price shown represents the lowest nightly rate for a double room available at this hotel over the next 21 days. Any price conversions from the hotel's local currency (BRL1,410) have been conducted using today's exchange rates from xe.com.
- More details Rates include daily breakfast.
- Facilities Spa, cinema, games room, gym, clay tennis court, CD, DVD and book library. In rooms: flatscreen TV, CD/DVD player, bottled water, Nespresso coffee machine, L’Occitane bath products.
- Poolside Rooms have their own Jacuzzi or infinity pool, and there’s a heated pool inside for rainy days.
- Check-out 12 noon. Check-in, 2pm.
- Children The rugged rainforest terrain makes this hotel unsuitable for mini Smiths.
Food and drink at Ponta dos Ganchos
- Hotel restaurant The Beach Restaurant is carved from Amazonian woodwork with open balconies that look out to sea. Try the prawn on pumpkin or oyster moqueca (a stew cooked with garlic, chilli and coriander). Freshly caught seafood can be barbecued for you on the beach. At night, romance hangs from every leaf thanks to the shimmering candles and crystal lights. Breakfast is served all day in the games room – choose from 10 courses including fruit shots and bolinho de chuva (doughtnuts made with cinnamon).
- Dress code Loose linens to ease the tropical temperatures, especially between December and March.
- Top table The private island seats one couple a night – book ahead to make sure it’s you. Otherwise, opt for a table out on a balcony above the ocean.
- Last orders There are no set times for meals – the restaurant will stay open until the last guest leaves. The action in the bar and restaurant usually settles down by 1am.
- Room service Order in cheese plates, pizzas and pastas between 7am and 1am.
- Hotel bar You can get drinks in the main restaurant but there’s also a bar in the games room, where you can chill out to Brazilian beats before dinner. Be sure to try their take on a caipirinha – the Hook is made with Cachaça Gancheira, a bespoke Brazilian spirit, and Amazon-originating physalis.
Also worth knowing
- Weddings This property is suitable for weddings. More...
Ponta dos Ganchos Rua Eupídio Alves do Nascimento, 104, Ganchos de Fora, Santa Catarina, Cep 88190-000
Join us – it's free!
Sign up now for exclusive hotel offers, money back on every booking, and Smith extras (like the one below) whenever you book with us. more
Smith extra at Ponta dos Ganchos
A bottle of sparkling wine on arrival
In the know
Our favourite rooms
Each of the bungalows has a king-size bed, walk-in wardrobe and hammock on the veranda. Steam up in the sauna of a Super Luxo Bungalow then head out to the wooden deck for bubbles and bay views in the Jacuzzi. Or splash out, quite literally, on the Special Emerald Villa Bungalow – pick your own wines from its cellar, work out in its underground gym and notch up some laps in its infinity pool.
Leave your flipflops at home – the hotel supplies Havaianas, staple of Brazilian footwear, for all guests.
The Christian Dior spa is the only one in South America. Book in for reiki and reflexology by the water’s edge between 2pm and 8pm.