Style Cosseting contemporary country retreat
Setting Hillside perch in rolling vineyards
This secluded and intimate Napa Valley retreat, a boutique B&B in the charming Stags Leap District, feels more like a luxurious private holiday home than a stuffy hotel. Sip a glass of fine wine from the Poetry Inn's private cellar on your terrace and drink in soothing views of the Napa countryside. Open-air showers, alfresco massages and indulgent three-course breakfasts will set you up perfectly for days discovering the region's exclusive vineyards and wineries.
Need to know
- Rooms Three.
Double rooms from $850.00, excluding tax at 14 per cent. Please note the hotel charges an additional room tax of 14% per on check-out.
The price shown represents the lowest nightly rate for a double room available at this hotel over the next 21 days. Any price conversions from the hotel's local currency ($850) have been conducted using today's exchange rates from xe.com.
- More details Rates include three-course breakfast.
- Facilities Free WiFi, mini-bars, wall-mounted flatscreen TV, DVD/CD player, Italian bedlinen, L'Occitane toiletries, alfresco showers, wood-burning fireplace; full concierge service, spa treatments, wine cellar.
- Poolside The curvilinear heated outdoor pool is on a hillside terrace, with wooden sun loungers. Expansive views make up for short lengths.
- Check-out 11am (but flexible, depending on availability).
- Children The inn is a contemplative sanctuary for adults, so under-16s are not encouraged.
- Also Spa services are available in rooms or in the treatment room. The property is non-smoking throughout. Pets cannot be accommodated.
- Hotel closed Never.
Food and drink at Poetry Inn
- Hotel restaurant There's no restaurant on site, but other guest meals can be prepared by prior arrangement.
- Dress code Relaxed and definitely casual.
- Room service There are mini-bars in each room.
- Hotel bar No bar, but the hotel does have an astonishing private wine cellar that guests can buy bottles from.
Poetry Inn 6380 Silverado trail, Napa Valley, California 94558
Join us – it's free!
Sign up now for exclusive hotel offers, money back on every booking, and Smith extras (like the one below) whenever you book with us. more
Smith extra at Poetry Inn
A bottle of sparkling wine
In the know
Our favourite rooms
All rooms are named after great writers – Walt Whitman, ee cummings and Robert Louis Stevenson. The bathrooms are particularly appealing, with rose limestone and marble finishes, and stunning views from the soaking tubs. The large, grand top-floor suite is pretty special, and commands the best views.
A strong constitution – you're guaranteed to over-indulge in the region's gourmet food and fine wines. A moleskine notebook for those flashes of literary genius.
The Poetry Inn's butler serves as concierge, too, and can cater to even the most whimsical of tastes; he'll organise anything from a bouquet of flowers to a wine-tasting itinerary.