Style African fusion
Setting Central seclusion
Set in a peaceful garden, but in the heart of energetic Johannesburg, this boutique hotel is a relaxing city-centre retreat. The mature garden has a quiet pool area, while rooms at The Peech Hotel have a cottage feel, decorated with rich African tones and cool blue mosaic bathrooms.
Need to know
- Rooms 16, including 2 suites.
Double rooms from $209.83 (ZAR1,974), excluding tax at 14 per cent. Please note the hotel charges an additional government tax of 1% per room per night on check-out.
The price shown represents the lowest nightly rate for a double room available at this hotel over the next 21 days. Any price conversions from the hotel's local currency (ZAR1,974) have been conducted using today's exchange rates from xe.com.
- More details Rates include breakfast.
- Facilities Gardens. In rooms: air-con, WiFi, iPod docks, coffee and tea-making facilities. Suites have espresso machines and plasma-screen TVs. In-room massage on request. Guests can use the 24-hour gym next door for R110 a session. Secure parking.
- Poolside Small outdoor pool with sunloungers.
- Check-out 11am, but flexible.
- Children Over-sixes welcome. No extra beds are available but the two suites in the main house, although not adjoining, share the same landing.
- Also Airport transfers can be arranged for R480. The hotel can organise all taxis and tours.
Food and drink at Peech Hotel
- Hotel restaurant Modern French bistro menu, with fresh seasonal ingredients. Lunch until 2.30pm; dinner until 9.30pm.
- Dress code Relaxed style.
- Top table Outside on the patio on a warm evening.
- Last orders 9.30pm for dinner.
- Room service The restaurant menu is available until 9.30pm and a limited snack menu at other times.
- Hotel bar The intimate cocktail bar has the broadest range of Veuve Cliquot in the country and is open until the last guest leaves.
Peech Hotel 61 North Street, Melrose, Johannesburg, 2196
Join us – it's free!
Sign up now for exclusive hotel offers, money back on every booking, and Smith extras (like the one below) whenever you book with us. more
Smith extra at Peech Hotel
A bottle of Cap Classique sparkling wine
In the know
Our favourite rooms
Rooms on the first floor in the building away from the main house offer an extra degree of privacy.