Palacio de Villapanés AlmaSevilla
Style Peace-adorned palace
Setting Cobble-stoned Santa Cruz
Palacio de Villapanés AlmaSevilla was the lucky recipient of a masterful renovation, easing this stunning stone palace out of the 18th century and into the 21st. All the grandeur remains, but the marble columns, iron gates, vast wooden doors and vaulted ceilings have had a dose of technology added: Loewe TVs, WiFi and even Macs in Suites.
Need to know
- Rooms 50, including 15 suites.
Double rooms from $210.55 (€157), excluding tax at 10 per cent.
The price shown represents the lowest nightly rate for a double room available at this hotel over the next 21 days. Any price conversions from the hotel's local currency (€157) have been conducted using today's exchange rates from xe.com.
- More details Rates exclude breakfast (€20 each).
- Facilities Spa, gym, library and free WiFi. In rooms: flatscreen TV, minibar, free bottled water and Malin + Goetz bath products. Some Suites have Macs.
- Check-out 12pm, but flexible for €40 depending on the time. Earliest check-in, 2pm.
- Children Cots are provided free; extra beds can be added to Executive Suites and Suites for €50 a night. Babysitting (ideally arranged the day before) costs €15 an hour.
Food and drink at Palacio de Villapanés AlmaSevilla
- Hotel restaurant The restaurant is in the building’s basement but it’s by no means dingy – it’s bright white instead (furniture too), with arched, airy ceilings. The banquettes have nifty up-lighting behind them, and the space is filled with colourful orchids. There are a few black tables and cushions thrown in for good measure. The food is Andalucian, with some speciality modern tapas. You can’t go wrong with a slice or two or Iberian ham.
- Dress code Orchid-matching pinks and purples.
- Top table Go romantic and pick a banquette table with soft lighting.
- Last orders Breakfast runs from 8am to 11.30am, but it can be extended for late risers. Lunch service is between 1.30pm and 3.30pm; dinner is 8.30pm until 10.30pm. The bar stays open until midnight.
- Room service A select menu of hot and cold dishes is available 24 hours a day.
- Hotel bar Drinks can be served in the bar, lobby and out on the patios. Wash the tapas down with a couple of signature cocktails.
Palacio de Villapanés AlmaSevilla Calle Santiago, 31, Seville, 41003
Join us – it's free!
Sign up now for exclusive hotel offers, money back on every booking, and Smith extras (like the one below) whenever you book with us. more
Smith extra at Palacio de Villapanés AlmaSevilla
A bottle of cava in your room and a hand-made chocolate treat from the kitchen
In the know
Our favourite rooms
It’s all about the Suites: majestic, elegant, grand, you name it. They have soaring ceilings and windows, original architectural details from the 18th-century construction (carved doors, hand-painted panels) and subtly thrown-in modern luxuries (Macs and flatscreens). There are five to pick from; we especially like the Alma Suite for its marble fireplace and column-separated lounge, the Palacio Suite for its 16ft-high ceilings and warm tones, and the unusual Torreón Suite because it’s in the dome of the palace, with a vaulted wooden ceiling, private roof terrace and windows all around.
A map of Seville to turn to when tangled in the twisty city streets; an appreciation of 300-year-old Spanish architecture.
The spa has a sauna and Turkish bath, and massages can be arranged on request.