Oxygen Jungle Villas
Style Balinese bungalows
Setting Thick jungle, sparkling sea
Tree-shrouded Balinese-style villas perch above the sparkling Pacific waters at Oxygen Jungle Villas in Uvita. The minimalist estate is set on a large plot of protected rainforest, with plenty of nooks where guests can soak up Costa Rica’s natural splendour.
Need to know
- Rooms 12 villas.
Double rooms from $175.00, excluding tax at 13 per cent. Please note the hotel charges an additional service charge of 10% per booking on check-out.
The price shown represents the lowest nightly rate for a double room available at this hotel over the next 21 days. Any price conversions from the hotel's local currency ($175) have been conducted using today's exchange rates from xe.com.
- More details Rates exclude Continental breakfast.
- Facilities Spa, yoga pavilion, DVD library, free WiFi in the Clubhouse. In rooms: Flatscreen TV, CD/DVD player, iPod dock, minibar.
- Poolside Surrounded by teak decking, rattan sunloungers and a few large Buddha statues, the unheated, stone-lined infinity pool faces the Pacific.
- Check-out 11am. Earliest check-in, 2pm.
- Children Oxygen is an adults-only retreat.
- Also Smoking is permitted only on the terrace.
Food and drink at Oxygen Jungle Villas
O2 Restaurant serves a five-course surprise menu each night in its an open-air dining room, overlooking the pool. Those who have tired of Costa Rica’s fruit- and vegetable-rich cuisine will appreciate the break: the kitchen focuses on more European-style dishes.
- Dress code Sundresses, shorts and sandals. The sun is strong by mid-morning, so wear swimsuits underneath your breakfast attire, for a post-breakfast dip in the pool.
- Top table Take a table near to the mountain in the mornings for shade. At dinner, tables by the pool have the best ambience.
- Last orders Dinner is served until 9pm.
There is no standalone bar where guests can congregate, but staff are happy to mix tropical cocktails and serve them poolside. The welcome drink, a blended papaya cocktail, is not to be missed.
Also worth knowing
- Weddings This property is suitable for weddings. More...
Oxygen Jungle Villas 1,5 km Noroeste del Catarata Uvita, Camino de Sueños, Uvita de Osa, Puntarenas
Join us – it's free!
Sign up now for exclusive hotel offers, money back on every booking, and Smith extras (like the one below) whenever you book with us. more
Smith extra at Oxygen Jungle Villas
Welcome drinks and a bottle of sparkling wine
In the know
Our favourite rooms
Villa 3 is close to the main clubhouse, but set apart with a stunning panorama of the Pacific Ocean and thick vegetation that lures brightly coloured toucans. The remote Villa 12 is the most private,close to the yoga pavilion and the path that leads to the property’s small waterfall.
Binoculars will help you catch a glimpse of the humpback whales that mate in the coves below. Surf wax and a rash shirt are essential for conquering the world-famous waves at nearby Dominical. The bathrooms have minimal bath products, so bring your own stash.
The hotel looks down on the Whale’s Tail, a long sandbar that indeed looks like a tail. At low tide, the bar is an ideal spot for swimming, snorkelling and spotting marine life.