Ovolo Hotel Melbourne
Style Graphic luxe
Setting Stylish side of the CBD
Super-central modern design den Ovolo Hotel Melbourne is all about easy living, with every handy extra you could need for a well-sorted stay thrown in. Kick back in your sleek and spacious room and enjoy the free WiFi, minibar treats, breakfast to go and Apple TV. Bespoke street art inspired by local laneways decks the halls; and you couldn't be better placed for rocking the city's hipster haunts.
Need to know
- Rooms 43, including 27 suites.
Double rooms from $185.05 (AU$190), excluding tax at 10 per cent.
The price shown represents the lowest nightly rate for a double room available at this hotel over the next 21 days. Any price conversions from the hotel's local currency (AU$190) have been conducted using today's exchange rates from xe.com.
- More details Rates include free 'Grab n Go' breakfast, minibar drinks and snacks, bottled water, Apple TV and local calls.
- Facilities Free WiFi throughout, lobby with newspapers for guests to nab, iPads on request. In rooms: flatscreen TV with Foxtel satellite channels and Apple TV, DVD and CD players, radio, iPod dock, minibar (or fridge in upper-tier rooms), tableware, Gilchrist & Soames and Malin + Goetz toiletries. One-bedroom Suites come with a microwave and bar fridge; Two-bedroom Suites and upwards also have a kitchenette with sink. Terrace and Penthouse suites offer dining areas and terraces.
- Check-out 11am; check-in, 2pm, but both flexible subject to availability.
- Children Welcome. Although rollaway beds aren't supplied, extra bedding is free for children to sleep on couches in rooms. Ideally, book a boudoir with a separate lounge or second bedroom for additional space. More...
- Also There's no smoking, but you can spark up on Terrace or Penthouse terraces.
Food and drink at Ovolo Hotel Melbourne
Ovolo doesn't have a restaurant, but with so many rated local dining spots, you ain't going to starve. The softly lit, seating-lined lobby acts as a sociable space for informal grazing though, offering a 'Grab n Go' breakfast of pastries, muffins, fruit and juice; you're welcome to make yourself a Harney & Sons tea or Nespresso coffee all day, too. Need a sugar hit? You'll love the retro chewing-gum-ball machine.
- Dress code Gals bring your best black frock and Converse trainers; guys, think skinny jeans and facial hair, perfect for chiming in with the graffiti-chic going down here.
- Top table Outdoors on your view-blessed terrace table if you've bagged the Penthouse. The huge indoor table in the kitchen/lounge is pretty convivial, too.
- Room service Ovolo hopes to offer room service, via a local restaurant, in 2013. Until then content yourself with the generous minibar, replenished daily, boasting beer, wine, water, fizzy fruit drinks and a Lootbag of crisps, cookies, nuts, mints and sweets.
There's no bar at Ovolo, but swing by the lobby between 6pm and 8pm to join in the relaxed 'happy hour' or tuck into your free minibar drinks. The latter includes Thai Singha beer and two glasses of Lupé wines, packaged in recycable plastic glasses. Guests in the Penthouse can also buy wine from the Ovolo team, which you can cool in the massive fridge.
Ovolo Hotel Melbourne 19 Little Bourke Street, Melbourne, Victoria 3000
Join us – it's free!
Sign up now for exclusive hotel offers, money back on every booking, and Smith extras (like the one below) whenever you book with us. more
Smith extra at Ovolo Hotel Melbourne
Guaranteed late check-out until 1pm
Offers at Ovolo Hotel Melbourne
In the know
Our favourite rooms
For a separate lounge aim for a One-bedroom Suite – ideal for bleisure trips or travelling with kids (who can crash on the couch). To lord it over the CBD, we love the fifth-floor Terrace Suites and Penthouse, which feature city-view terraces. One of the Terrace Suites (OMG3) sports a punch bag and boxing gloves; the Penthouse stars a Pinball machine and outdoor Jacuzzi.
No need to bring an adaptor; all rooms come with a universal one, making charge-ups a breeze. If you've bagged the Terrace or Penthouse rooms, a sun-hat and shades are our top tips for alfresco lounging (pack a swimsuit for the Penthouse Jacuzzi, which also has a duo of day beds).
Each floor sports its own laneway-inspired street art; we like the primary-hued doors, colour-coded for each room type, too.