Navutu Dreams Resort & Spa
Style Med beach resort
Setting Rural outskirts of town
It may feel like a blissful beach retreat, but Navutu Dreams Resort & Spa in Siem Reap is actually on the rural outskirts of Cambodia's famous inland temple town. Upping the oasis factor are two pools, tropical gardens, smart Italian and Khmer dining, and an intimate spa, while light white-and-blue contemporary boudoirs nod to soothing Mediterranean style.
Need to know
- Rooms 18, including six suites.
Double rooms from $118.10, excluding tax at 5 per cent.
The price shown represents the lowest nightly rate for a double room available at this hotel over the next 21 days. Any price conversions from the hotel's local currency ($118) have been conducted using today's exchange rates from xe.com.
- More details Rates include airport pick-up by tuk-tuk, welcome drink, gift and 20-minute foot massage on arrival, breakfast, fruit platter and a tuk-tuk for 12 hours each day for trips to temples or town.
- Facilities Spa, gym, yoga lawn, boutique, concierge, free WiFi throughout. In rooms: flatscreen satellite TV, radio, iPod dock, minibar, own-label toiletries. DVD players can also be rented from reception for US$5 a day.
- Poolside Navutu stars not one, but two pretty pools, set around its central restaurant and fringed with shaded loungers, relaxation salas and white umbrellas. Exercise fans can do lazy laps in the linear freshwater Sports Pool; kids will love the squiggly saltwater Lounge Pool, where you can paddle around a palm tree or perch in the adjoining shallow area. Both are open from 6am until 10pm, with blue beach towels in baskets.
- Check-out 12pm; check-in, 2pm, both flexible subject to availability. The hotel will try to arrange late check-outs until 4pm when possible. Changing rooms are also up for grabs for guests who've checked out but want to hang by the pool.
- Children Very welcome, and Navutu's quiet setting, spacious gardens and two pools make for a family-friendly getaway. Baby cots are free and extra beds for older kids cost US$30 a night. Babysitting costs US$5 an hour, ideally with one day's notice. More...
- Also You can have your free 20-minute foot massage on arrival or any time on your first day, by the spa, pool or on your veranda. Smoking is allowed on room terraces and in public areas only. The golden coconuts in your room double as Do Not Disturb signs.
Food and drink at Navutu Dreams Resort & Spa
Fringed by pools and gardens, simple, circular, open-sided Navutu Restaurant sits at the heart of the hotel, and is open day-long for tasty breakfasts of fruit and pastries, lunch, dinner and snacks. It offers the best of both culinary worlds, with delicious Italian fare inspired by its three owners Manfredi, Maddalena and Giovanna, and a creative southern Khmer menu whipped up by its talented local chef. Top Cambodian treats include grilled fish amoc wrapped in spiced nhor leaves, imperial curry in fresh coconut, and salad with mango, pepper and herbs. For European flavours, it's hard to resist the house-made tagliatelle with ragu' alla Bolognese, washed down with mango pannacotta or an affogato al caffé. Produce hails from organic gardens, and breakfast boxes can be ordered for sunrise temple tours.
- Dress code Floaty linens and flip-flops will suit the relaxed resort mood.
- Top table Any of the tables at the restaurant's outer rim for aquatic views. We like the pew for two nearest the bar, overlooking the Sports Pool. For private dining, request a table on your terrace, by the pool, or for Grand Tour Room residents, up on your rooftop
- Last orders Chef Sopheak Sao keeps the kitchen whirring, with breakfast from 6.30am until 10am, lunch from 11am until 3pm, and dinner from 6pm until 11pm. The bar sees action from 11am until 10pm.
- Room service Available from 6.30am until 10pm, free room service lets you raid the breakfast, restaurant and pool snacks menus. Favourites include salmon and avocado ciabattas or Asian starters such as Indonesian chicken satays.
Sharing space with the restaurant, Navutu Bar is the go-to spot for cocktails and an affordable list of tempting global wines, as well as juices, coffees, teas and soft drinks. Signature sips include passionfruit and mint caipiroskas and mango daiquiris, perfect for rewarding yourself after a hard day of temple-hopping.
Navutu Dreams Resort & Spa off Angkor High School Road, Siem Reap, Cambodia
Join us – it's free!
Sign up now for exclusive hotel offers, money back on every booking, and Smith extras (like the one below) whenever you book with us. more
Smith extra at Navutu Dreams Resort & Spa
A bottle of Italian prosecco
Current offers at Navutu Dreams Resort & Spa
In the know
Our favourite rooms
We love the six upper-tier Grand Tour Rooms, divided into two sleek, white pavilions, each sharing a roof terrace with a dreamy day-bed for soaking up rural views at sunset. Set out like spacious apartments, they also sport enormous corner baths, a separate rain shower and walk-in wardrobe. The 12 entry-level Explorer Rooms offer showers only and a dash less privacy. For the best pool vistas, bag number 2, 3 or 4. All rooms feature a small terrace out front, for lounging alfresco.
Bring snazzy swimwear, as the pools are front and centre here, so folk in the restaurant or glass-fronted rooms can check out your look. Leave space in your bag for buys from the smart lobby boutique, which sells quality Khmer scarves, handicrafts and bath products, as well as tribal art from Laos.
Book a pampering session in the intimate Honey Comb Spa above reception, open from 9am until 10pm. Treatments span trad Khmer, Thai and tropical therapies inspired by the South Pacific, where Navutu's owners run a sister stay in Fiji.