Style Hoppen and jumpin’
Setting Exciting Eixample
Located in the upscale Eixample district on the busy promenade of Rambla de Catalunya, Barcelona boutique hotel Murmuri is a place to see and be seen. All understated elegance – interiors have been designed by British style maven Kelly Hoppen – and quiet intimacy, it hits the right notes for well-heeled locals and visitors alike.
Need to know
- Rooms 53, including two suites. There are five more apartment suites in an adjoining building, which are fully serviced by the hotel.
Double rooms from $232.22 (€181), excluding tax at 10 per cent. Please note the hotel charges an additional local city tax of €1.21 per person per night on check-out.
The price shown represents the lowest nightly rate for a double room available at this hotel over the next 21 days. Any price conversions from the hotel's local currency (€181) have been conducted using today's exchange rates from xe.com.
- More details Rates exclude breakfast (an additional €16 each).
- Facilities Library, terrace solarium, meeting room, WiFi (€15), laundry service. In rooms: flatscreen TV, iPod dock, air-conditioning and minibar.
- Poolside There is no swimming pool at Murmuri.
- Check-out Midday, though this is flexible on request. Earliest check-in, 3pm.
- Children Kids are welcome at the hotel. Complimentary cots are provided, and extra beds are free for under-12s. Babysitting with a local nanny is also provided – costs vary. There’s no children’s menu in the restaurant, though.
- Also The hotel is wheelchair accessible and there are lifts to each floor. There are three disabled-access bedrooms with widened doorways and adapted showers.
Food and drink at Murmuri
Murmuri’s restaurant, elPassatge del Murmuri, is a smart, slender and modern affair that spills out onto a terrace on Rambla Cataluña. The menu makes the most of the region and the season (plenty of steaks, jamon iberico and fresh fish), with tasty tapas-style platillos available to share. Smaller bites and casual fare are dished out in the bar.
- Dress code If you wish to blend in with the moneyed Catalonians tucking into their salmon tartare tartlets, best stick to understated designer glamour. Armand Basi, a Barcelona-born designer, is a hometown favourite.
- Top table Ask for a table by the window – perfect for people-watching while you wait for your food to arrive.
- Last orders Dinner is served in elPassatge del Murmuri until midnight; the last cocktails are mixed in thei bar at 2am.
- Room service Guests can order from a room service menu from 7am until midnight. The menu contains a selection of dishes from the restaurant menu. Food is also available in the hotel bar and on the bar terrace.
Grown-up and elegant in a comfortable, relaxed way, the bar is separated into two distinct areas by folding black oak screens. Kelly Hoppen’s touch can be seen throughout, and her trademark neutral colour palette perfectly complements the aquamarine sofas, stools and rococo armchairs, providing the air of a glamorous living room. It’s a great spot in which to sip cocktails and pick at sushi from the bar snacks menu.
Murmuri 104 Rambla de Catalunya, Barcelona, 08008
Join us – it's free!
Sign up now for exclusive hotel offers, money back on every booking, and Smith extras (like the one below) whenever you book with us. more
Smith extra at Murmuri
A bottle of cava on arrival
In the know
Our favourite rooms
We love the Deluxe Suite, unusually located on a lower floor, which comes with a huge egg-shaped bath and floor-to-ceiling windows that overlook the bustling Rambla de Catalunya. Leaning out over its ornate iron railings and observing the beautiful people just below makes you feel like a rather privileged local. We also like the slightly more humble Privilege Rooms, which have the added bonus of their own private terrace.
In summer, sunglasses (designer, of course) are an absolute must to shade your eyes from the glaring Spanish sun – there are so many windows in the hotel that you’ll end up wearing them indoors as well as out.
Guests are free to use the pool and gym at Murmuri’s sister property, the Hotel Majestic, just a five-minute walk away. Use of the pool and gym is free, but there is a small charge for using the spa.