Muga de Beloso
Style Minimalist monolith
Setting Between bullrings and Burlada
Mountain-hugged Muga de Beloso hotel in Pamplona has spacious, clutter-free suites, huge windows with views of the mountainous Navarre countryside and fingerprint fobs for door locks.
Need to know
- Rooms 59, including one suite.
Double rooms from $139.92 (€108), excluding tax at 10 per cent.
The price shown represents the lowest nightly rate for a double room available at this hotel over the next 21 days. Any price conversions from the hotel's local currency (€108) have been conducted using today's exchange rates from xe.com.
- More details Rates exclude breakfast (€16 each).
- Facilities Spa, free WiFi throughout, library and gym. In rooms: free soft drinks, flatscreen TV and Malin + Goetz bath products.
- Poolside The indoor pool in the spa is slate and grey, and looks like the kind of natural lake you’d sweep back some leafy canopy to find in the jungle. NB The pool is currently undergoing maintenance.
- Check-out Noon, but flexible if there’s availability. Earliest check-in, 2pm.
- Children Cots for babies are free, and extra beds can be added to Executive Suites and above at no cost. Babysitting with a local nanny can be arranged if you ask first thing on the day you need it (€15 an hour). The menu has child-friendly options.
- Also Smoking is allowed in communal outdoor areas and on terraces. You won’t have to worry about forgetting your key – all you need to get in your room is your fingerprint.
Food and drink at Muga de Beloso
- Hotel restaurant La Ribera dishes up seasonal Navarre cuisine, mostly courtesy of the grill. The fish is excellent, with fresh monkfish and sea-bass likely to make an appearance. Bring your phrasebook to dinner, as the menu is entirely in Spanish. The restaurant is on the lower level of the hotel, with huge floor-to-ceiling windows overlooking the mountains. Breakfast is a mini-buffet brought on a wooden board to your table: pastries, rolls, fresh fruit on ice, yoghurts, ham and cheese, and hot items to order.
- Dress code Red, green and gold, matador-style.
- Top table If there’s a group of you, sit on one of the vast round tables. Couples should sidle up to a seat by the windows for magical mountain sights.
- Last orders Breakfast is rolled out between 7am and 11am, lunch is 1pm–4pm and dinner is 8pm–11pm. The bar stays open as long as the restaurant does.
- Room service A selection of mostly cold dishes is available 24 hours a day.
- Hotel bar The library-style lounge is a sumptuous space with inviting sofas, magazines and books to leaf through, and mountain views through the huge windows. Order a fish-bowl-size, blue-tinged G&T to whet your appetite.
Muga de Beloso Calle Cuesta de Beloso Bajo 11, Pamplona, 31006
Join us – it's free!
Sign up now for exclusive hotel offers, money back on every booking, and Smith extras (like the one below) whenever you book with us. more
Smith extra at Muga de Beloso
A bottle of cava in your room and a hand-made chocolate treat from the kitchen
In the know
Our favourite rooms
We love the pared-down Executive Suites, which look out to the rugged San Cristóbal Mountain from their epically sized slate terraces. Suite 325 is the big daddy in terms of style and space, with more stripped pine, two bathrooms, a living room, a reception room and a hefty bedroom with white, cloud-like beds.
A Spanish and/or Basque phrasebook (particularly useful for ordering pintxos); leave the red garments behind in case you stumble across any stray bulls.
There’s a spa in the basement with a sauna, hammam, contrast showers, treatment rooms and pool.
From the Guestbook…
Bring magnifying specs if you are driving through the centre of Pamplona – street signs in Basque and Spanish are miniscule and very high up and Google maps tries to send you...more