Metropolitan by Como, Bangkok
Style Manicured minimalism
Setting Sparkling South Sathorn streets
Exclusive retreat the Metropolitan by Como, Bangkok hotel attracts a very discerning brand of guest – fashionistas, film stars, designers and well-heeled, sharp-dressed urbanites ornament the bright, makha-wooded lobby. It’s clear: from the sleekly sophisticated healthy all-day diner Glow to respected Thai restaurant Nahm and the wine-dark depths of the Met bar, this is where you go to get noticed.
Need to know
- Rooms 171, including 22 suites, four two-bedroom penthouses and a presidential ‘fiefdom’.
Double rooms from $123.19, excluding tax at 17.7 per cent.
The price shown represents the lowest nightly rate for a double room available at this hotel over the next 21 days. Any price conversions from the hotel's local currency ($123) have been conducted using today's exchange rates from xe.com.
- More details Rates exclude breakfast, but include yoga classes.
- Facilities Spa (including gym, steam rooms, hydro-pool and yoga studios), hair salon, limousine/car hire, valet parking, free WiFi throughout. In rooms: cable TV, CD player and library, minibar, fruit, yoga mat.
- Poolside The palm-fringed 20-metre lap pool is overlooked by the restaurant and lined with inviting loungers.
- Check-out 2pm.
- Children Under-12s stay for free in their parents’ rooms. Cots are available and babysitting can be arranged.
- Also Get the Met staff to put together a personalised boutique shopping itinerary for you, taking the stress out of street-schlepping.
Food and drink at Metropolitan by Como, Bangkok
With a voyeur’s view of the poolside and a gourmet’s grasp of rare, regional Thai cuisine, the hotel's sleek ground-floor restaurant Nahm, headed up by esteemed Australian chef David Thompson, tops every visiting epicure’s to-do list, with treats such as jungle curry with pla chorn (a freshwater fish). Crisp, white eatery, Glow, beside the spa, presents a lighter selection of healthy organic snacks and smoothies for breakfast and all-day dining.
- Dress code Off-duty diva.
- Top table On Nahm's terrace by the pool – beautiful food to eat; beautiful people to feast your eyes on – or book one of its private dining rooms for a special occasion.
- Last orders Glow is open until 9pm; Nahm holds court for lunch and dinner. The Met Bar offers snacky Thai food till 11pm.
- Room service Tasty Thai treats can be brought to your room 24 hours a day, and in-room massages can be requested while the spa is open.
Exclusive to members and guests, the Met Bar is a sultry club-land lounge that hums to a laid-back DJ beat until 1am. The staggering cocktail menu, crafted by trained mixologists, boasts more than 40 different martinis.
Metropolitan by Como, Bangkok 27 South Sathorn Road, Tungmahamek, Sathorn, Bangkok, Thailand, 10120
Join us – it's free!
Sign up now for exclusive hotel offers, money back on every booking, and Smith extras (like the one below) whenever you book with us. more
Smith extra at Metropolitan by Como, Bangkok
Daily Metropolitan breakfast and a martini each in the Met bar; members booking a Suite or staying three nights or more also get lunch for two at Glow restaurant (book on arrival) and free upgrades from Como Shambhala 60-minute massages to 90 minutes
Offers at Metropolitan by Como, Bangkok
In the know
Our favourite rooms
Simple juxtapositions of white walls and dark woods abound, as do splendidly oversized limestone-mosaic bathrooms. Bypass the petite City Rooms in favour of the larger, yet still affordable, Studio Rooms and Metropolitan Rooms, which have king-size beds and bathrooms with separate tubs and showers. Or, plump for a Terrace Suite to enjoy the evening air on your private patio.
Your most flattering designer swimwear – if Kylie or Colin Farrell are dining in the restaurant, you’ll want to give them a worthwhile eyeful as you sashay to the pool.
On the first floor, the Como Shambhala spa – source of the bathroom goodies in your room – offers a variety of spirit-soothing, body-buffing holistic treatments, including reflexology and yoga-inspired Thai massage. Free yoga is available should you need a morning stretch (pick up stylish yoga wear in the spa boutique if you've forgotten to bring your own).