Style Red-hot coffee plot
Setting Volcano-ringed plantation fields
Ringed by eight volcanoes, MesaStila hotel's isolated mountain setting near Yogyakarta is inspiring. Its antique-filled villas are set in 25 hectares of loving tended gardens, coffee plants and authentic Dutch colonial buildings. You won’t be surprised to hear that the coffee is a highlight, as is the award-winning spa, which boasts one of Indonesia’s only Turkish hammam baths and makes exclusive uses of estate-grown and processed products.
Need to know
- Rooms 22 villas.
Double rooms from $199.00, excluding tax at 21 per cent.
The price shown represents the lowest nightly rate for a double room available at this hotel over the next 21 days. Any price conversions from the hotel's local currency ($199) have been conducted using today's exchange rates from xe.com.
- More details Rates include breakfast and snacks; choice of wellness activities and classes; and use of the hammam from 6pm to 7pm.
- Facilities Spa with Turkish hammam, beauty salon, gym, tennis court, yoga pavilion, billiard table, entertainment stage, giant outdoor chess set, croquet, library, DVD/CD selection, WiFi throughout ($5 an hour). In rooms: TV, DVD player, minibar.
- Poolside The emerald-sheened octagonal infinity pool beside the restaurant is fed with fresh spring water and overlooks the surrounding mountains and forests.
- Check-out Midday, but possibly later, depending on availability.
- Children Baby cots are provided free of charge. Beds for older children cost US$25 a night, including breakfast. As this is a health retreat, parents are asked to keep an eye on their kids, and some parts of the resort are off-limits to youngsters.
- Also All villas are non-smoking. Transfers to Yogyakarta or Semarang airports cost US$50 each way.
Food and drink at MesaStila
Java Red and the Sunset Lounge make up MesaStila's brace of eateries. The Sunset Lounge offers a casual spot for tea, mocktails and wine, with a selection of salads and soups; Java Red serves Indonesian cuisine with a healthy twist and some unique Javanese dishes.
- Dress code Chic and cheerful.
- Top table Grab a seat beside the deck by the pool so you can enjoy the forest views.
- Last orders The restaurant theoretically closes at 11pm, but will stay open until you finish your meal. The bar opens from 3pm until late.
- Room service Room service is available from 7am to 10pm, but for late or early travellers the kitchen staff will specially prepare dishes if you’re hankering for something after hours.
MesaStila has a selection of more than 600 bottles of premium wine, which in keeping with the healthy living concept are available in the Sunset Lounge after 5pm. A selection of juices, herbal teas, thirst-quenching coconut water and home-grown java coffee are served throughout the day.
MesaStila Desa Losari Kec Grabag, Yogyakarta, Indonesia, 59100
Join us – it's free!
Sign up now for exclusive hotel offers, money back on every booking, and Smith extras (like the one below) whenever you book with us. more
Smith extra at MesaStila
20 per cent discount on a spa treatment and a bag of coffee on departure
Current offers at MesaStila
Offers at MesaStila
In the know
Our favourite rooms
The undisputed honeymooner’s hot spot, Arum Villa Four immediately seduced us with its vast private balcony looking out onto the untouched forest, and the quaint round water fountain by the whimsical entrance. The grand and imposing Bella Vista Villa comprises two freestanding and three adjoining villas that were once part of nearby Solo’s royal court, and includes a private plunge pool.
Central Java is prime trekking country so suitable jungle-rambling attire is essential if you plan on roaming around. Don’t forget to leave space in your suitcase for the home-grown coffee – it’s not available anywhere else.
Five choices of herbal-healing Jamu drinks are served at breakfast and a Jamu-Master is available for private consultations, offering personal healing remedies.