Style White and bright
Setting Sunkissed Algarve shore
Built in the 1960s, Memmo Baleeira hotel has kept its swinging seaside perch and whitewashed exterior, and added breezy coastal cool to its interiors. The sea rules this resort: from bright blue cushions to watery visions from the windows, it’ll have you chasing the waves in no time.
Need to know
- Rooms 144, including 39 suites.
Double rooms from $133.20 (€104), excluding tax at 6 per cent.
The price shown represents the lowest nightly rate for a double room available at this hotel over the next 21 days. Any price conversions from the hotel's local currency (€104) have been conducted using today's exchange rates from xe.com.
- More details Rates include breakfast.
- Facilities Spa, surf centre, gym, DVD library and free WiFi. In rooms: flatscreen TV, minibar and Comfort Zone bath products.
- Poolside A rectangular pool lines the clifftop, surrounded by sunloungers, parasols and its own bar. There’s a heated pool inside as well.
- Check-out 12pm, but flexible. Earliest check-in, 3pm.
- Children Cots for babies are provided free. With 24 hours’ notice, staff can be drafted in to babysit (€10 an hour). More...
- Also Smoking is allowed in certain areas. There’s a disabled-access room on the ground floor, as well as lifts and ramps throughout the hotel.
Food and drink at Memmo Baleeira
- Hotel restaurant The fishing port is visible from the main restaurant so watch for the catch of the day coming in. The chef cooks up a daily dish, which is served with a free glass of matching wine. The cuisine is Mediterranean and mostly local. Floor-to-ceiling glass lets the sea views in, and guests are seated on Sixties Scandinavian chairs from the old hotel.
- Dress code White, blue or brown; you’d look out of place otherwise.
- Top table For uninterrupted ocean views through floor-to-ceiling glass, ask for a table at the front of the restaurant.
- Last orders Breakfast is served from 7am until 10am during the week, and 11am at weekends. Dinner is 7.30pm until 10pm. The bar shuts at either midnight or 1am.
- Room service Food and drinks can be ordered 24 hours a day.
- Hotel bar The Coffee Shop is open for light lunches during the day, and becomes a bar by night. There’s a lounge area with white couches, and a deck accessed through double doors.
Memmo Baleeira Sítio da Baleeira, Sagres, Faro, 8650-357
Join us – it's free!
Sign up now for exclusive hotel offers, money back on every booking, and Smith extras (like the one below) whenever you book with us. more
Smith extra at Memmo Baleeira
A bottle of local rosé wine and free bike hire for two
Offers at Memmo Baleeira
In the know
Our favourite rooms
We love the privacy of the one- and two-bedroom suites – they’re on the ground floor and close to the action, but feel snug and secluded. They’re spacious, too, and have an open-plan kitchen and terrace which adjoins the main grassy lawn. Otherwise, you can’t go wrong with a Standard Sea Bay View (for its lovely, beachy view).
Sea-based activity gear: surf board, wetsuit, snorkel, etc.
The Memmo Spa has three treatment rooms, a Turkish bath and an indoor heated pool.