Marari Beach Resort
Style Thatched Malayalam with mod cons
Setting White-sandy shores of the Arabian Sea
Eco-friendly luxury, bang on the sand. Marari Beach Resort hotel near Alleppey is the ultimate Indian coastal hideaway; relax in a hammock under a palm tree or take advantage of an excellent activities programme. Everything you need for a lazy (or busy) holiday, under one thatched roof.
Need to know
- Rooms 49 garden villas, 10 pool villas, three deluxe pool villas
Double rooms from $171.85 (€133), excluding tax at 12 per cent.
The price shown represents the lowest nightly rate for a double room available at this hotel over the next 21 days. Any price conversions from the hotel's local currency (€133) have been conducted using today's exchange rates from xe.com.
- More details Rates include breakfast.
- Facilities Swimming pool, Ayurvedic spa, free wireless internet, bookhouse, tennis courts, beach volleyball, shop, yoga, meditation, music classes. In-room amenities: air-conditioning, minibar, tea/coffee facilities, wide range of natural bath products.
- Check-out Midday, but if the room isn’t booked afterwards, this is flexible.
- Children This hotel is better suited to couples - leave the children at home!
- Also Pets are welcome. Kerala is a no-smoking state, but you can smoke in the rooms.
Food and drink at Marari Beach Resort
- Hotel restaurant A Wickerwood-roofed, open-sided Malayalam building has a magnificent buffet with a vast selection of Keralan vegetarian, fish and meat starters, mains and desserts with some Western dishes. The beach eatery serves delicious fresh fish.
- Top table There are tables for two around the edge of the restaurant.
- Last orders Breakfast 07h–09h30; lunch 12h–14h30; dinner 19h30–22h.
- Hotel bar Perch on a bar stool or at a table on the grass at the open-air beach-hut bar where the garden meets the beach. As well as beers, wines and spirits they do some fantastically imaginative cocktails – maybe steer clear of the one with garlic!
Marari Beach Resort NORTH S.L PURAM, MARARIKULAM, ALLEPPEY, Kerala, KERALA
Join us – it's free!
Sign up now for exclusive hotel offers, money back on every booking, and Smith extras (like the one below) whenever you book with us. more
Smith extra at Marari Beach Resort
Two-for-one dinner in the main restaurant
In the know
Our favourite rooms
If you fancy a pond view, go for hut number 10. If you want to stay where Paul and Heather McCartney did, earmark 17.
Mosquito repellent, relaxed clothing for yoga/meditation.
From the Guestbook…
If you venture outside the hotel, you will find everybody has a big smile and a hello for you. We visited Poona's hair salon, a 2 minute bike ride away. The lady was incredibly k...more