Manava Suite Resort
Style Mod Polynesian
Setting Surf-lapped west coast
Multi-tasking Manava Suite Resort hotel in Tahiti works for both pleasure or bleisure travellers, with contemporary Polynesian rooms, a spa, swim-up bar and lagoon-side pool, all within easy reach of capital Pape'ete. Tour black-sand beaches and surf spots by day, then wrap up with sunset cocktails overlooking sister isle Moorea at night.
Need to know
- Rooms 121, including 66 suites.
Double rooms from $238.99 (XPF22,230), excluding tax at 10 per cent. Please note the hotel charges an additional service charge of 4% per room per night on check-out and an additional local city tax of XPF150.00 per person per night on check-out.
The price shown represents the lowest nightly rate for a double room available at this hotel over the next 21 days. Any price conversions from the hotel's local currency (XPF22,230) have been conducted using today's exchange rates from xe.com.
- More details Rates include breakfast.
- Facilities Spa, boutique, gym, excursion desk, ice-machine, free WiFi throughout. In rooms: flatscreen satellite TV, DVD player, minibar, desk, kitchenette. All feature a bath and shower; above entry-level Guest Rooms you'll also get a terrace.
- Poolside With a sexy outdoor infinity pool cheek-by-jowl with the milky-blue lagoon, Manava has stylish swimming sorted. Chill out on a lounger, perch at the tune-toting swim-up bar or pop to the pontoon to large it up in the lagoon. Water-jets pour from the curvy stone wall fringing the pool for a faux-waterfall feel.
- Check-out 11am; check-in, 2pm. Late check-outs in low season, subject to availability, cost 50 per cent of the room tariff before 6pm; after 6pm, you'll need to pay for an extra night.
- Children Kids up to age 14 can dine on children's menu meals gratis, and can stay in your room for free on a converted sofa-bed (or bag an extra rollaway bed for a fee). More...
- Also Pets are not permitted.
Food and drink at Manava Suite Resort
Clean-lined Vaitohi Restaurant draws in-the-know locals with its smart take on Polynesian cuisine laced with French influences. Sporting floor-to-ceiling windows and an airy terrace, this sophisticated space sits to the right of the ground-floor lobby. Order tasty treats such as mahi-mahi with vanilla sauce, duck breast with honey-glazed vegetables or tuna sashimi with coconut milk. Gallic gastronomy rules the desserts, too; all hail the crème brûlée.
- Dress code So Frenchy, so chic – this is French Polynesia's capital so work it in the main restaurant, but take a sartorial chill pill down at the pool bar.
- Top table We're partial to the terrace at Vaitohi for breezy grazing.
- Last orders Vaitohi sees action from 6.30pm until midnight; Punavai Lounge Bar pours drinks until 1am; the pool bar wraps up at 7pm.
- Room service 24-hour room service is yours to command, with minibars stocked with beer, soft drinks, water and nuts.
With a space-age ovoid white bar, zingy red stools and curvy grey banquettes, Punavai Lounge Bar is a sassy spot for a tipple. Set beside Vaitohi restaurant, its suck-you-in seating spills out into the lobby. When it comes to wow-factor, though, you've got to hand it to the alfresco Taapuna Pool Bar, where you can sip a Polynesian-inspired Mai Tai (which means 'good' in local lingo) while dangling your feet in the water and saluting the sunset. Cool tunes are spun and its swim-up side means you don't even have to exit the pool to dive into a drink.
Manava Suite Resort West coast of Tahiti (PK 10.7), , BP 2851 Punavai, 98703 Punaauia, French Polynesia, Tahiti
Join us – it's free!
Sign up now for exclusive hotel offers, money back on every booking, and Smith extras (like the one below) whenever you book with us. more
Smith extra at Manava Suite Resort
A bottle of atoll-grown Tahitian wine
In the know
Our favourite rooms
All bedrooms are fairly spacious, with bold modern Polynesian interiors care of local architect Bruno Hervochon, and a choice of garden/mountain or lagoon views. The latter definitely tick the Tahiti paradise box, so opt for a Lagoon Studio Suite or Lagoon Suite if you can. Larger one- to three-bedroom duplexes and suites flaunt space to swing an even bigger cat.
Bring an extra bag for stashing souvenirs from Pape'ete's vibrant market, perfect for picking up tropical-print pareus (sarongs), tiki (sacred figurines) and vanilla, coconut and tiare-flower toiletries. Manava's lobby boutique is a savvy spot for styish buys, too.
Work out those surfing knots at Manea Spa, where facials, massages, body scrubs and mani-pedis draw on swoon-worthy local Monoi oil (a heady mix of coconut and tiare flowers).