Maia Luxury Resort & Spa
Style Wholly holistic happy hideaway
Setting Thatched villas with bay views
Offering all the peace and privacy of a monastic cell, but thankfully none of its spartan nature, Maia Luxury Resort & Spa, overlooking Anse Louis beach on the southwest coast of Mahé in the Seychelles, is where thatched roofs sit like dots of corn-yellow in a palette of greens and blues. It’s the ideal place to drag your knotted back and furrowed brow for a spot of proper relaxation. All the Indian Ocean clichés – palms rippling in the warm breeze, white sand abutting turquoise waters – are made reality here, and all you have to do is roll out your rattan sun mat in the midst of them.
Need to know
- Rooms 30 villas.
Double rooms from $1920.28 (€1,496), excluding tax at 15 per cent. Please note the hotel charges an additional service charge of 10% per on check-out.
The price shown represents the lowest nightly rate for a double room available at this hotel over the next 21 days. Any price conversions from the hotel's local currency (€1,496) have been conducted using today's exchange rates from xe.com.
- More details Rates include breakfast, most drinks, transfers, welcome champagne and massage, exercise classes and laundry.
- Facilities Spa, fitness centre, free non-motorised watersports, excursions to neighbouring islands. In rooms: flatscreen TV, DVD player, iPod docking station, La Prairie beauty fridge. Villas all have private infinity pools and sunken outdoor double baths.
- Poolside Made from black lava stone, the main communal infinity pool offers an ideal vantage point over the hotel’s long, white-sand beach.
- Check-out 10am, although this is flexible, subject to availability.
- Children Little ones are welcome in the Ocean Front Villas, where free 24-hour babysitting is available.
Food and drink at Maia Luxury Resort & Spa
Five chefs knock up exquisite Indian, Asian, Oriental and Creole cuisine – think stuffed baby squid with ratatouille and lobster, or porcini mushrooms with duck liver and black truffle terrine – in the open-sided Tec-Tec. Maia also has an impressive wine collection, and the resident sommelier will be happy to introduce you to new favourites. Private tastings in the hotel’s wine cellar can be arranged.
- Dress code Linen trousers for the men; floaty, Jade Jagger-esque dresses for the ladies.
- Top table Intimate tables are beneath a high ceiling dominated by an enormous hanging light. Or ask your private butler to set up a candlelit table for you on the beach, where you can feed each other foie gras by the light of the silvery moon.
Enjoy cocktails on the bleached decking of the informal Sunset Pool Bar, while looking out over both the complex’s main pool and the Indian Ocean.
Maia Luxury Resort & Spa Anse Louis, Mahé
Join us – it's free!
Sign up now for exclusive hotel offers, money back on every booking, and Smith extras (like the one below) whenever you book with us. more
Smith extra at Maia Luxury Resort & Spa
Two people will each receive a 60-minute Gentle Soul Massage
Offers at Maia Luxury Resort & Spa
In the know
Our favourite rooms
With its stunning views over two different sections of the bay, Signature Villa 221 is the one to ask for. The Ocean Panoramic Villas have wonderful 180-degree vistas of waves and wiggling palm fronds.
Bring a snorkel. There’s a reef, teeming with the sort of primary-coloured sealife that you would normally only see in an aquarium, right in front of the hotel. Maia can also arrange scuba-diving excursions for an extra cost.