Style Wellness, Hawaiian-style
Setting Tropical zen gardens
As pure as a Hawaiian sunrise, Lumeria Maui hotel can calm even its wildest visitors. Days begin with morning meditation facing the ocean (three miles away) before organic breakfasts and schedules of workshops and classes. The rooms, set in a historic former plantation quarters, hold four-poster beds and open out to serene lanais.
Need to know
- Rooms 24, including two suites.
Double rooms from $299.00, excluding tax at 13.42 per cent. Please note the hotel charges an additional resort fee of $25.00 per person per night on check-out.
The price shown represents the lowest nightly rate for a double room available at this hotel over the next 21 days. Any price conversions from the hotel's local currency ($299) have been conducted using today's exchange rates from xe.com.
- More details Rates and the resort fees include accommodations, all on-campus classes, WiFi, parking and organic breakfast.
- Facilities Spa with four treatment rooms; gardens; WiFi; parking. In rooms: radio, iPod dock, minifridge.
- Poolside The heated outdoor swimming pool opens in winter 2013. When it does, it will be a nature-inspired pool with a waterfall and views out to the ocean. This is not an oceanfront resort, but the beach is only three miles away.
- Check-out 11am, but flexible, subject to availability (and a half-day charge). Earliest check-in, 3pm.
- Children Leave them at home: this serene, meditative space would be uncomfortable for little ones.
- Also Lumeria works with a natural-foods expert Craig King to offer its own diet cleanse, Glow. Participants in the detox receive a set volume of fruit and vegetable juices, primarily harvested from Lumeria’s gardens.
Food and drink at Lumeria Maui
Harvest specialises in healthy, organic dishes, with tropical (often raw) ingredients plucked from the kitchen gardens. The meal usually starts with a salad, such as avocado-mango, followed by dishes such as grilled line-caught fish or roasted grass-fed meat, though there are plenty of vegetarian and vegan options. The restaurant is very happy to adapt to allergies and special dietary requests. Be sure to book tables 24 hours in advance.
- Dress code No need to dress up: yoga pants, sandy feet and sarongs are fine.
- Top table Take a table on the terrace to catch breezes on warm evenings. The tables inside are communal, which is ideal for groups or meeting new people.
- Last orders Breakfast is served from 7am until 9.30am. Dinner is a single seating at 6.30pm.
- Room service Not available.
Nope: Lumeria Maui is currently alcohol-free.
Lumeria Maui 1813 Baldwin Avenue, Makawao, Hawaii 96768
Join us – it's free!
Sign up now for exclusive hotel offers, money back on every booking, and Smith extras (like the one below) whenever you book with us. more
Smith extra at Lumeria Maui
A hand-blown etched-glass water bottle a person
Current offers at Lumeria Maui
Offers at Lumeria Maui
In the know
Our favourite rooms
There are only 24 rooms, and all are connected in a horseshoe shape, with access to the shared lanai out back. Honeymooners should choose Suite 1, at the end of the property, which has the most privacy, along with an especially comfortable four-poster bed. Otherwise, opt for rooms along the north side of the horseshoe; 1 and 2 have forest views, with glimpses of the ocean in the distance.
Leave the yoga mat at home. Lumeria has plenty available for anyone who wants to stretch out in a daily Anusara class. Though the ocean is three miles away, the shore of surrounding Pai’a is known for great surf, so wave-catchers should bring necessary gear.
This is not a kick-back-and-do-nothing resort. Lumeria has detailed schedules of daily yoga classes, as well as meditation workshops, wellness programmes and a series of watersports lessons for those who want to pick up a paddleboard or learn to scuba.