L'Oustau de Baumanière
Style Chic country retreat
Setting Rocks and ruins of Les Baux
Set among the villages and vineyards of Provence, where Van Gogh and Cézanne found their inspiration, L'Oustau de Baumanière is famed for its French cuisine. The rooms of this boutique hotel are light and airy blending the hotel's 17th-century origins and handmade furniture with modern-day surround-sound extras.
Need to know
- Rooms 30, including 14 suites.
Double rooms from $304.13 (€229), excluding tax at 7 per cent. Please note the hotel charges an additional local city tax of €1.50 per person per night on check-out.
The price shown represents the lowest nightly rate for a double room available at this hotel over the next 21 days. Any price conversions from the hotel's local currency (€229) have been conducted using today's exchange rates from xe.com.
- More details Rates exclude breakfast (€26 for Continental).
- Facilities TV, wireless Internet access. In-room massages can be arranged.
- Poolside There’s an outdoor pool in front of the main terrace.
- Check-out Midday.
- Children Welcome. Under-12s stay free. An extra bed in the apartments for older children costs €30.
- Also There is a tennis court, and guests have access to the grounds of the whole estate.
Food and drink at L'Oustau de Baumanière
With two Michelin stars, the restaurant at Oustau de Baumanière is world-renowned. Chef Jean-André Charial's menu features caviar, foie gras and a dazzling array of premiers grands crus. Lunch is 12pm–2pm; dinner 7.30pm–9.30pm.
- Dress code Refined sophistication.
- Top table Near the window overlooking the terrace and garden.
- Room service A room-service menu is available 12 noon to 3pm and 7pm–10pm.
Drinks are available from the restaurant until midnight. Try the estate’s own wine, L’Affectif.
Also worth knowing
- Weddings This property is suitable for weddings. More...
L'Oustau de Baumanière L'Oustau de Baumanière, 13520 Les Baux de Provence
Join us – it's free!
Sign up now for exclusive hotel offers, money back on every booking, and Smith extras (like the one below) whenever you book with us. more
Smith extra at L'Oustau de Baumanière
A recipe book by the Michelin-starred owner and chef Jean-André Charial
In the know
Our favourite rooms
The junior suites at the front of the house enjoy views over the terrace and the swimming pool.
From the Guestbook…
Make sure that you visit one of the local markets during your stay. The hotel provides a list of when/where the markets are taking place in the surrounding area. There is at leas...more