Le Lodge Kerisper
Style Castaway cabin
Setting Portside perch
Le Lodge Kerisper on the shores of southern Brittany is a breezy and beachy, family-friendly boutique hotel in La Trinité-sur-Mer. Inside, everything looks like it’s rolled around in the ocean for a year or two – but crisp white paint, modern lighting, edgy art and simple upholstery do away with any shabbiness. Set on a former farm, the old stone walls of the original buildings are topped with shingle roofing. The lodge has the kind of relaxed, easeful atmosphere that can only be achieved by the most accomplished of hosts.
Need to know
- Rooms 20, including three suites.
Double rooms from $112.38 (€84), excluding tax at 7 per cent. Please note the hotel charges an additional local city tax of €0.85 per person per night on check-out.
The price shown represents the lowest nightly rate for a double room available at this hotel over the next 21 days. Any price conversions from the hotel's local currency (€84) have been conducted using today's exchange rates from xe.com.
- More details Rates exclude breakfast (€14 per adult, €9 per child).
- Facilities Terrace, garden, spa, DVD and book library, free WiFi throughout, bicycle hire. In rooms: flatscreen TV, CD player, free bottled water. All suites have fridges; Suite-Apartments also have Nespresso machines.
- Poolside Decking alongside the outdoor heated pool is lined with canvas deckchairs and sun parasols, overlooking the garden's lawns.
- Check-out 12pm, but flexible. Check-in, 3pm.
- Children Extra beds can be added for €35; cots are free. Babysitting with a local nanny costs €8 an hour. The owners like to make children feel at home: teddies will be waiting on their beds. More...
- Also Dogs and cats are welcome for €25 a day. Massage and reflexology can be arranged at the hotel's Wellness Centre.
- Hotel closed Three weeks in January.
Food and drink at Le Lodge Kerisper
- Hotel restaurant None, but the lodge has a breakfast room where home-made far Breton cake is served as part of an ample buffet in the morning. The decor is a mix of old bottles, glass lanterns, wire baskets and balls of twine – all of it nicely weathered.
- Dress code Casual nautical stripes, windproof jackets.
- Top table Choose a table by the window for pool views, or join fellow guests at the long table for chat with your coffee.
- Last orders The bar stays open until midnight.
- Room service Breakfast can be taken on your terrace or balcony.
- Hotel bar Decked out with fairy lights and lampshades made from strung-together jars filled with red liquid, the bar offers 10 malts and 13 cocktails; the chalkboard wine list is small but well picked. There’s a huge sweet-shop jar of pick 'n' mix jellies to help yourself to.
Also worth knowing
- Weddings This property is suitable for weddings. More...
Le Lodge Kerisper 4 rue du Latz, 56470 La Trinité-sur-Mer
Join us – it's free!
Sign up now for exclusive hotel offers, money back on every booking, and Smith extras (like the one below) whenever you book with us. more
Smith extra at Le Lodge Kerisper
A glass of champagne each and a box of Breton salted caramels
In the know
Our favourite rooms
Book a ground-floor room with a terrace, so you can enjoy the salty sea air and make the most of the outdoor feel of this beach house. Suite 8 has a big south-facing terrace; Room 9 is up in the eaves, so it feels tucked away and cosy. Suite-Apartment 16 is the perfect pick for families, since it’s on the ground floor, opens onto the garden and can accommodate up to two adults and three children in two rooms. Junior Suites have an extra bed alcove.
Windproof jackets for the blustery beaches; a watercolour set to paint them.
Among the Oriental massage treatments available in the Wellness Centre are Shiatsu, Reiki, Anma and reflexology.