La Villa Gallici
Style Chintz with chutzpah
Setting Cultured vieille ville
This honey-coloured villa close to the opulent old town of Aix-en-Provence is a decadently decorated Francophile’s dream. Lavish interiors, sumptuous fabrics and a poolside Cézanne would have been proud to paint, Villa Gallici is a Provençal masterpiece. Its grounds live up to this idyll, too – they’re lusciously dense with 100-year-old plane and cypress trees.
Need to know
- Rooms 22, including five suites.
Double rooms from $487.98 (€364), excluding tax at 7 per cent. Please note the hotel charges an additional local city tax of €1.35 per person per night on check-out.
The price shown represents the lowest nightly rate for a double room available at this hotel over the next 21 days. Any price conversions from the hotel's local currency (€364) have been conducted using today's exchange rates from xe.com.
- More details Rates exclude breakfast (€30 a person).
- Facilities Free WiFi throughout, outdoor heated pool, flatscreen TV, valet parking.
- Check-out 12pm, but flexible. Check-in, 3pm.
- Children Cots are provided free and extra beds are €50 each. Babysitting with a local nanny is €10.
- Also Pets are welcome for €50 a day.
- Hotel closed January.
Food and drink at La Villa Gallici
- Hotel restaurant The opulent dining room is formal but cosy, with sofas and squashy chairs pulled up to linen-draped tables. The candlelit terrace has a more relaxed summer-dining look. Lunch is served between 12.30pm and 1.30pm; dinner is between 7.30pm and 9.30pm. The fine-dining menu features pan-fried foie gras with cherries, roasted John Dory and chicory-anise ice-cream.
- Dress code Don the French grandes marques (Chanel, Hermès and co), but opt for understated.
- Top table Out on the terrace for some romantic seclusion.
- Last orders The bar is open all day, closing when the restaurant does.
- Room service The simple menu includes cheese boards, smoked salmon, soup and omelettes – available any time. The hotel will also bring you afternoon tea wherever you choose to take it – on the terrace, in your room or in the grounds.
- Hotel bar The bar is next to the restaurant and just as lavish – trompe l'oeil effects on the walls, florals and stripes on the soft furnishings. Any cocktail you like will be whipped up as you unwind to lounge and jazz classics.
Also worth knowing
- Weddings This property is suitable for weddings. More...
La Villa Gallici Avenue de la Violette, 13100 Aix-en-Provence
Join us – it's free!
Sign up now for exclusive hotel offers, money back on every booking, and Smith extras (like the one below) whenever you book with us. more
Smith extra at La Villa Gallici
A bottle of Provençal rose
In the know
Our favourite rooms
Superior Room 8 has a grand four-poster bed and hand-painted Chinoiserie-style wallpaper in eau-de-nil tones. Suite Room 1 has a terrace which overlooks the pool. We love the romantic bathroom with a central slipper bath and separate shower in Deluxe Room 24. Suite Room 20 is a cream-and-taupe split-level sanctuary, with the bedroom downstairs, and a flashy black and white bathroom.
Big sunglasses, an Hermès scarf and chic flats for Mrs Smith; a black poloneck for Mr Smith to wear while discussing Balzac or Zola.