Style Cheap-chic palazzo
Setting Monferrato vineyards
Set amid rolling hills this boutique hotel in Piedmont is surrounded by spectacular scenery and some of the finest restaurants in Italy. La Villa is the ideal country hideaway; each room in the 17th-century building has been decorated with impeccable taste blending historic features with the modern essentials of flatscreen TVs and hi-fi wizardry.
Need to know
- Rooms 12: five suites, seven doubles.
Double rooms from $194.01 (€150), excluding tax at 20 per cent.
The price shown represents the lowest nightly rate for a double room available at this hotel over the next 21 days. Any price conversions from the hotel's local currency (€150) have been conducted using today's exchange rates from xe.com.
- More details Rates include breakfast.
- Facilities Air-conditioning, minibar, Internet; flatscreen TVs and DVD/CD player on request.
- Poolside Outdoor pool (no diving: adults' feet can always touch the bottom).
- Check-out 11am; if guests want to stay by the pool, changing facilities are available.
- Children Over-10s welcome. There’s a games room with satellite TV. All suites have large sofa beds, suitable for families of up to four; there’s a charge of €10 a night for family use.
- Also Small, well-behaved dogs are allowed, one at a time. Smoking is allowed outside.
- Hotel closed 5 December 2011 to 9 March 2012.
Food and drink at La Villa
- Hotel restaurant La Vie serves local produce and great Piemontese wines.
- Dress code Completamente casuale; unless you’re off to a Michelin-starred eatery, when you might want to plump for Prada.
- Room service Light snacks for late-arriving guests, but otherwise no room service.
- Hotel bar This little enclave is the hub of the hotel. In winter, they light a wood fire; in summer, it opens onto the courtyard. Guests can drink as late as they like on an honesty-bar basis.
Also worth knowing
- Weddings This property is suitable for weddings. More...
La Villa 7 Via Torino, Casalotto, Piedmont, 14046
Join us – it's free!
Sign up now for exclusive hotel offers, money back on every booking, and Smith extras (like the one below) whenever you book with us. more
Smith extra at La Villa
A bottle of prosecco in your room
In the know
Our favourite rooms
The Honeymoon suite is huge, has original terracotta floors, arched ceilings, a four poster bed and a bath overlooking the vineyards. If you’re a sucker for a vista, the Terrace Suite and the peaceful Moroccan room share a fabulous private patio. The view from the claw-footed bath in the Romeo and Juliet room is also lovely.
It’s not what you take, rather the space you should leave in your luggage to cart some of the wines, cheeses, truffles, mushrooms, amaretti and other delicacies awaiting you in this the region. No need to take a hairdryer either as they provide them.
From the Guestbook…
La Villa is a little oasis of luxury in Piedmont. Chris and Nicola have made a truly boutique hotel where guests can relax and enjoy a beautiful area of Italy. Nothing was too much...more