La Maison sur la Sorgue
Style Well-travelled townhouse
Setting Waterside brocante market
La Maison sur la Sorgue’s owners, Frederic and Marie-Claude, have trotted the globe and brought their favourite bits home. This boutique hotel on L’Isle sur la Sorgue is scattered with magpie-picked pieces from all over the place that sit amid the restored architecture of this old private mansion. Behind the huge wooden doors in a side-street sanctuary off the busy square, an airy expanse that awaits.
Need to know
- Rooms Four, including two suites.
Double rooms from $338.46 (€262), excluding tax at 7 per cent.
The price shown represents the lowest nightly rate for a double room available at this hotel over the next 21 days. Any price conversions from the hotel's local currency (€262) have been conducted using today's exchange rates from xe.com.
- More details Rates include breakfast.
- Facilities Boutique, CD, DVD and book libraries, WiFi downstairs and in the garden (€12 for your whole stay). In rooms: flatscreen TV, CD, Compagnie de Provence toiletries.
- Poolside There's a wood-decked outdoor pool in the tiny, leafy courtyard.
- Check-out 12 noon. Earliest check-in, 3.30pm.
- Children Cots are provided for €25 and extra beds for €55. Hotel staff will babysit for €50 an evening.
- Also In-room beauty treatments can be arranged. Smoking is allowed in some outdoor areas, including the terraces of the two suites.
- Hotel closed February.
Food and drink at La Maison sur la Sorgue
- Hotel restaurant There’s no restaurant, but the hotel can arrange for a local chef to prepare dinner for small groups. Breakfast is served in the ground-floor dining room or in the garden, between 8.30am and 10.30am.
- Dress code Well-travelled, informal chic.
- Top table Poolside, beneath the sycamore tree in the garden.
- Hotel bar Drinks are served downstairs on request, where a carefully curated soundtrack flits from classical and jazz to George Michael (in a good way).
La Maison sur la Sorgue 6 rue Rose Goudard, 84 800
Join us – it's free!
Sign up now for exclusive hotel offers, money back on every booking, and Smith extras (like the one below) whenever you book with us. more
Smith extra at La Maison sur la Sorgue
Drinks every night of your stay, and 10 per cent off in the hotel boutique.
In the know
Our favourite rooms
Chambre à la Loggia is spacious and loft-like, with deep-crimson walls and a huge private terrace overlooking the gardens and market square. Just down the steps, book the Suite of Shadows for spectacular light effects involving the shutters at sunset. And for the best bathroom, pick Room with a View; it has an antique roll-top bath, wood panelling and a pretty vista of an 18th-century chapel.
Your wanderlust and inner interior designer – this place will make you want to globetrot and gather for your own home.
The hotel has a little shop called Retour de Voyage, where you’ll be able to buy tables and trinkets picked up around the world by the owners.